In the Beginning...

Nyree

In the beginning, things weren't like this. We were a small, happy family but we were conservative about the little money we did have. Growing up times were hard. Daddy worked two jobs during the day while Mama worked during the night, so we were never home. I always stayed over my aunt and uncle's house, so it was only on special occasion's where we stayed home like a family.

But things started to take a dramatic twist once Daddy applied for a new job, when I was 13. All of those stays over my aunt and uncle's house, whom I thought were just to play with my cousins, stopped. The long nights and hardships stopped too. We moved. Away from our tiny apartment to a much bigger home in Florida. It wasn't much but we loved it.

Through all of those long hours at work, constant trips to my relatives and the many fights finally proved itself valuable. Daddy became a lawyer and quickly got the money our family needed. Mama continued quit her night job and found a job as a real estate agent, bringing in more money for us but as soon as the money started flowing in, that's when things got even worse than before.

Mama and Daddy constantly bickered over everything. They didn't think I ever heard them arguing but I did. They argued over every single thing you could think of, like the dishes not being done, the floors not being swept or something else stupid. I guess it all started to become too much on them and that's when they filed for a divorce, when I was 15 years old. 

Daddy moved away from us, somewhere across town with the rich white folk, while Mama and I stayed down in the ghetto, where we first started having our come up just a few years prior but that all changed when Mama started dating Trey and finally introduced him to me. "Nyree come downstairs! Trey's here!" Mama yelled.

I sucked my teeth and continued getting dressed. There's no way I was going down those steps with a dress on, like I was trying to impress that guy like my Mama was. He's her boyfriend, not mine so I was eating inner with the two of them in pajamas. 

I made my way down the steps, as I felt my messy hair bounce around on my shoulders as I descended further down the stair case. I was only a few steps from the bottom when I could hear Mama giggling and the deep voice of a man talking. I rolled my eyes. "How disgusting," I mumbled. I made my way through the house, following their voices when I found them both standing in the kitchen.

Mama stood up against the wall while he stood in front of her blocking her from moving. I leaned up against the door in the kitchen and just watched them. I wasn't going to lie, I hated seeing my Mama with another man but over the years I learned that it was for the best. If it was making her happy, then it was making me happy.

I sniffed, inhaling his cologne that lingered throughout the kitchen, letting it's euphoria take over my body. I could tell from behind he wasn't like any of the other pieces of shit she's dated. I could see how fit and sculpted his body was, too. I could see his few tattoo's peaking out from under the t-shirt he had on. I bit my lip, wondering what he looked like from the front. He had to look just as good as he did from behind. I coughed, trying to get their attention but I really just wanted to see his face.

He turned around, showing how smooth and perfect his skin was but when he smiled I swear I melted. The way his lips curled up got me wet in between my legs but his teeth were just too perfect. I stood up straight when he walked over my way, smiling. He stuck his hand out. "Hey. You must be Nyree." I sent him a warm smile and let him take my hand in his.

As soon as he got a hold of my hands I could feel how warm his were. He looked up into my eyes, most likely feeling the same spark I had just felt when he grabbed me. I slowly drew my arm back and put my hands inside of my sweatpants. "And you must be Trey," I replied backing up from him some because I could feel how horny I was getting just standing here in front of him.