Chapter 13

I went to school this morning without Ashton and I felt kind of lonely. He was just so amazing. I don't understand why everyone is so harsh to him. He can't be that bad of a person if he fought for me yesterday and pretty much saved my life. I don't think Ashton isn't the person who everyone thinks he is. Maybe he's just labeled that way because he hangs out with jerks like Calum. Ashton is not a bad guy.

I walked out of the front office and into the crowded hallway. I look down at my new schedule to make sure I know where I'm going first period.

Mr. Thomson, Honors English, building C, room 225. That's still close enough to Ashton's first period class so we can still walk together. Fourth period is the only class I still have with him though.

As I walked by my locker, I saw Calum again beating someone into a locker. Again, I couldn't see who because Calum and his victim were surrounded by a large crowd of people yelling and cheering. I rolled my eyes and continued walking as I heard the bell ring.

I arrived to class and my teacher immediately sent me to the library to get a new textbook and the class reading book. I picked at the corners of the note in my hands as I walked through the quiet, desolate hallways. I turned a corner and saw a person slumped over on the floor, leaning up against the lockers. As I got closer, I recognized the person.

"Michael?" I knelt down next to him as he wearily looked up at me. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?"

He groaned as if breathing itself was a struggle.

"What happened?" I start to panic at Michael's damaged face, "Who did this to you?"

He sat up straight and adjusted himself to sit comfortably. "It was Calum and your douche bag boyfriend."

"Excuse me?" I'm hoping I heard him wrong.

"Oh sorry, it was Calum and Ashton," he corrected himself, thinking I was offended by his previous comment.

"Ashton did this to you?" I barely whispered. I defeatedly sat down next to Michael. I don't believe he would do this. "Why?"

"Well, I believe Ashton's words were umm.." Michael jokingly rubbed his chin as if he was thinking, " 'don't ever talk to Livia again or I'll kill you' " he nodded, "Something along those lines..."

"Why would he do that?" I asked, kind of to myself.

"Oh don't worry, Ashton and Calum beat me up all the time. I'll be fine," Michael brushed it off like it was nothing.

"All the time? Why don't you tell anyone? Or change schools?"

"My parents don't believe me when I say that Calum did it because they think he's a little angel and they like him better anyways."

"Wait, you're parents believe some random kid from school over you?"

Michael chuckled at my question, "Actually Calum is my step-brother..."

"What?" I never saw that coming, "you're joking!"

"I wish I was joking," he laughs. "Hey, what happened to Ashton's face?" Michael asked after a moment.

"What?"

"Ashton's face. He had a black eye. He tried to cover it up with some cheap makeup but you can still tell it's there."

"Oh, my stepdad got really drunk yesterday and tried to hit me and Ashton stopped him," I shuttered remembering yesterday's events.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I pulled on my sleeves to cover my bruised wrists. I don't really want anyone to see them.

"I'm really sorry Livia that you got all tangled in Ashton's drama," Michael smiled and patted my shoulder.

"I'm really sorry that he did this to you," I stood up and reached down to help Michael stand up. He pulled my arm and stood up with some difficulty. I wrapped my arms around Michael gently and gave him a hug. "I'm so sorry."

I should have known that this wouldn't work. I was the one who was mistaken. Ashton is exactly the person everyone says he is. He isn't labeled that way because he hangs out with jerks like Calum. Ashton is a jerk just like Calum. I shouldn't have trusted him. Ashton may have saved my life, but he is not a good guy.

__________________________

A/N

11k READS?!? 400 VOTES?!? What even?!?

Thank you SO much!!!

Okay I know this chapter is really short and kind of sucky but it needed to happen and I couldn't make it any longer! next chapter will be better hopefully!

Lots of love!!!