Chapter 5

"Mr. Irwin and Miss Harmon, please find your seats," Mrs. White scolded as we walk in. We both sat down and the teacher continues, "Now class we will be doing a project on the American Revolution and its causes. Because I am trusting that you will choose wisely, I am allowing you to pick your own partners." Mine and Ashton's eyes instantly met. He cracked a small smile and winked at me. "You may find your partners now."

Ashton picked up his backpack and walked over to the empty desk next me and sat down. We agreed to meet at his house after school to work on the project.

Before I knew it, it was lunch time and once again I found myself alone in the lunch line with neither Ashton or Alice to be found. I got a turkey sandwich and a salad. I walked up to pay and reached in my purse to get my wallet when Ashton ran up next to me and handed the woman a five dollar bill. He put his arm around my shoulders and grabbed my tray.

"Hey Beautiful," he smiled down at me and led me toward a crowded table near the back of the cafeteria.

He set my tray down on the table and sat down, motioning for me to sit next to him. There was about ten too many people at this table and it was very loud. I sat down next to Ashton and his arm snaked around my waist and pulled me closer to him. The attention of the whole table shifted to me and Ashton as I awkwardly unwrapped my sandwich.

"Who's this, Ash?" a girl sitting across the table asked rather rudely.

"Livia," he smiled at me.

"You can't just invite anyone to our table!" she snapped.

"Shut up Destiny," the guy on the other side of Ashton snapped back.

"You're not in charge of me Justin, but thanks for the advice," she smirked, her voice full of sarcasm. She scoffed in my direction and continued talking to the girl next to her.

At the end of the day, I met Ashton at our lockers and we walked hand in hand to his car. Once again, everyone watched us as we get in the car and drove away.

"Why was everyone staring at us?" I asked curiously.

"When?" Ashton replied oblivious.

"You didn't notice that when ever we were together, it was like the whole school just stopped and stared? And when I sat down at your table, all your friends turned and stopped all their conversations? Because I noticed."

"They were just distracted by how absolutely gorgeous you are," he smiled over at me and rested his hand on my hand. I hope he can tell that I knew that's not the reason, "Don't worry, it's nothing," he smiled reassuringly.

Ashton pulled the car into his driveway and helped me get out. He walked to the front door and followed him. He unlocked the door and revealed the interior if his house. It was much more spacious than my house and wasn't cluttered with boxes like my house.

"My room is up the stairs, first room on your right. I'll be up in a minute," Ashton said walking into a room that I'm guessing is the kitchen. I followed his instructions upstairs and down the hall to his bedroom. His walls were a weird beige-tan color and he has a bunch of posters all over the walls of different bands that I haven't heard of. His bed was messy and had a huge pile of tee shirts and tank tops on it.

I took off my backpack and set it on his bed. I noticed a family picture on his nightstand. I walked over picked it up. I saw Ashton, except he looked like he's about ten years old, but I can still tell that it was him. There's a woman that I guess was his mom and two even younger children that I'm guessing are his brother and sister. I stared at the picture and admired the adorable smile on young Ashton's face.

I was startled when I feel Ashton's arms wrap around my waist and his head look over my shoulder, "I didn't hear you come in."

"That's my family back home," he said quietly, focused on the picture in my hands.

"Do you miss them?" I set the photo down and looked up at Ashton.

"I miss them loads," Ashton said with sad eyes.

RING RING RING

My phone vibrates in my pocket. "Hello?" I answered.

"Livia! Where the hell are you?" David yelled through the phone.

_____________________

A/N

Okay, so do you guys think I should update when you get a certain amount of votes, or update once or twice a week on certain days? Comment what you think and don't forget to vote!!!

For now I'll update when this gets 10 votes and 3 comments!!!!

Don't forget that I love you!!!