Chapter 12

I got Ashton some ice for his eye and we sat on the couch together and started to watch tv.

"Livia, my hand hurts," Ashton looked over at me. "Can you kiss it and make it better?" he smiled innocently.

"Of course," I giggled. I grabbed his hand, entwined our fingers, and kissed across his knuckles. "Better?"

"Much better," he laughed. "But my eye hurts too." He set the ice pack on the table next to him.

I rolled my eyes and leaned over him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me over so now I was sitting on his lap facing him. I leaned in and he closed his eyes and I kissed his swollen eye.

"That is so much better! But you know..." he started. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his hands at the bottom of my back. "What

really hurts is this cut right here," he tapped on his lip and grinned.

"Oh it does?" I smiled.

"It really does," he tried to suppress a smile, but I could still see his dimples.

I rolled my eyes. "You're an idiot," I placed my hands on his shoulders and placed a light kiss on Ashton's lips.

"Wow," he smiled and his wonderful dimples appeared. "It's feeling better already, but it is a really deep cut. I might need a second kiss just to be safe." He put his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him.

"You are really an idiot," I giggled.

Ashton winked, "Maybe."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and crashed my lips into his. I felt butterflies burst in my stomach as our lips connected.

I heard the front door open but neither of us broke from the kiss.

"No making out on the couch, dweeb," Josh shoved me as he walked by. I got off Ashton's lap and sat by him on the couch. Josh had two guys with him and by the way they were dressed, they were probably from the baseball team. All three of them walked into the kitchen and sat at the table.

"Hey Livia, we've only been here three days, don't be a whore," Josh and his friends laughed.

"Haha, you're hysterical," I said sarcastically. "Hey Josh, mind your own business and don't be an ass, please," I smiled sweetly back.

"So who's your boyfriend?" Josh practically sang.

"He's not my boyfriend," I stated. "And his name is Ashton."

"That's my brother, Josh," I said to Ashton. "Please disregard everything he says."

"Livia?" Josh walked back into the living room. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Just leave me alone."

"It has nothing to do with your boy toy, just come here," he laughed. I swear I'm going to slap him.

"No, you're a jerk."

"Just come here."

I got up and followed him into the front room. "What?"

"Are you alright? Mom called and told me what happened. Did David hurt you?"

"No. Josh, I'm fine," I rolled my eyes. I'm glad he cares but the last thing I want right now is a heart-to-heart with my brother.

"Livia, I just..."

"Ugh, Josh, I'm fine!" I turned and started to walk away. Josh grabbed my wrist and a horrible pain ran through my arm. "Ow!"

"What?" Josh quickly let go of me.

I rolled back my sleeves and saw huge purple bruises all the way around both of my wrists, where David held me.

"Liv, are you alright?" Ashton walked in from the other room. He must have heard me scream.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I pulled down my sleeves to prevent Ash from seeing my bruised wrists.

"Livia," Josh intervened.

"I'm fine," I repeated snapping a quick glare at Josh. Ashton walked over to me and slipped one of his arms around my waist.

The front door started to open and all three of us turned to look. Just then little Nicole came bursting through the door and ran into Josh's arms.

"Nikki!" Josh yelled excitedly as Nicole hugged him tight. He lifted her up and turned so they were both facing us.

Nicole looked at Ashton and confusion spread across her face. "Who are you?" she pointed at him.

I laughed at her straight forward question and grabbed Ashton's hand. "This is my friend, Ashton," I turned to Ashton, "and this is my sister, Nicole."

He smiled and waved to Nicole, "Very nice to meet you." He laughed too.

"So what are you doing here?" she asked a little friendlier.

"Well they were making out on the couch a second ago..." Josh decides to add in.

"Josh!" I stop him.

"Ew, Livia, Boys have cooties!" Nicole yelled and stuck out her tongue, totally grossed out.

"Really?" Ashton smiled and leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Ewwww!!!" Nicole whined. She jumped down from Josh's arms and ran up the stairs to her room.

Ashton and I laughed as Josh went back into the kitchen with his friends.

"Livia, I have to go home now, okay?" Ashton checked the time on his phone.

"Oh okay," I'm kind of sad he has to leave. "And by the way, I have a meeting with the principle in the morning to change some of my classes, so you won't have to pick me up in the morning."

"Okay," Ashton smiled and lightly kissed my forehead. He slowly let go of my hand and walked out the door. I smiled as I watched Ashton walk back to his house and I closed the door once he was out of sight. I started walking up the stairs and stopped when I heard Josh and his friends start talking.

"Dude, you shouldn't let your sister be around that Ashton kid," one of them said.

"Yeah, he's a player. He dated my sister's best friend last year and totally broke her heart," the other friend said.

I angrily stomped up the stairs and slammed the door to my room once I was inside. I'm not going to listen to them. I'm going to trust Ashton. That's the right choice, right?

________________________

A/N

Okay so I don't go on wattpad for like two months and I come back and I have 9.3k reads on my story and like 20 more followers!!! You guys are amazing thank you so much and sorry I haven't updated in forever!

I love you!!!!!!!!!!