Chapter 2

I woke up in an unfamiliar place and freaked out a little before I realized that I was in my new home in Arizona. I sat up and saw that it was 6:00, meaning I need to get ready for my first day at my new school. I dragged myself up the stairs and into the bathroom. I took a long, hot shower.

I stepped out of the shower and slipped on a small puddle of water that accumulated on the floor. I fell hard and I mean really hard. I banged my hip into the side of the tub and hit my arm on the counter. I looked and there's already a bruise forming on my hip. Just my luck. Today was going to be wonderful.

I got up, wrapped a towel around myself and walked down the hall to my room. I had a suitcase with some of my clothes sitting over in the corner of the room. I picked out a regular pair of skinny jeans and a black tank top. I put a gray Hollister hoodie on over it and slipped on my black converse. Today, I was just going to try to blend in as much as possible. I blow dried my long straight hair and wrapped it up in a high ponytail.

I walked down the hall and saw that all of my family was still sleeping. My parents weren't going to work today, Josh doesn't have a first or second period class and Nikki's elementary school started an hour later. I grabbed my backpack, a couple pencils, and walk out the front door. I quickly walk down the street and around the corner to the school.

I eventually found the front office and got my schedule and locker assignment. I wandered the crowded halls until I found my locker and opened it up. It's pretty big, so it will fit all my books and notebooks when I get them. I took another look at my schedule, first period, Mrs. White, US History, room 215 building C.

Okay, this should be easy. Building C. Which building am I in? I think either A or F or maybe D... Okay, I am officially screwed.

"Hello," a guy leaned on the locker next to mine, "I haven't seen you here before." He had a bit of an accent, Australian, I think. He had curly brown hair and a cute smile.

I rolled my eyes and sigh. He tried again, "My name is Ashton," he held out his hand for me to shake.

I grabbed his hand, hesitantly, and shook it, "I'm Livia."

"Olivia?" Ashton asked.

"No, just Livia without the 'O'," I explained to him like I explain to everyone else.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you Livia," he said, over exaggerating the 'L', "Here, let me see your schedule."

I handed him my schedule and he took a look, "Mrs. White first period, I have that class too," he said without removing his gaze from the piece of paper. "Actually, me and you have the exact same classes," he said, handing me back my schedule.

"So you can show me where I'm going? Because I have no freaking clue," I asked desperately.

"Sure," he said with a small laugh.

"Thanks."

He grabbed my hand and smoothly maneuvered his way through the crowded hall way, while I clumsily followed behind, running into almost everyone I pass. We finally arrived in the C building, room 215, Mrs. White's class.

I followed Ashton around from class to class until lunch. I went through the lunch line and sat at a small table by myself. I silently ate my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and observed the people around the cafeteria.

"Hi Livia," a random girl came over and sat by me, "My name is Alice. I noticed you sitting here alone so I thought I'd come sit with you. I'm in your third period class, I sit two rows in front of you." She had long brown hair and looked kind of like someone who takes all AP classes and is on student council.

"Oh, yeah," I pretended to remember her.

"Hello ladies," Ashton loudly set his lunch tray down across from me and Alice, and I giggled a little.

"Ashton, go away!" Alice snapped.

"Calm down, I was just going to say hi to my new friend Livia here," he waved at me and I nervously waved back, trying not to laugh, "But if you don't want me here, I'll just go," he was trying to pester Alice. He picked up his tray and walked away, "Bye Livia!"

"Bye," I laughed as he leaves.

Alice scoffed, "Trust me, you don't want to get yourself involved with Ashton. He's trouble."

Trouble?