Chapter 6

A\N
So sorry this took me forever to put up I had it ready like three days ago and I was just too lazy to put it up so sorry and here it is!
_____________________

"Where are you?" David repeated, even harsher.

"I'm doing a project for school at my friends house," I replied.

"Are you with that punk you ran off with this morning?" he spit.

"Excuse me?" I said, shocked at David's reaction. Ashton looked at me concerned.

"You're with that boy. Aren't you?" David yelled, "Tell me where you are now so I can pick you up or as soon as you get home, you are grounded."

"No," I protested.

"Just go Livia, I don't want you to get in trouble," Ashton tried to convince me.

"Livia, tell me," David demanded.

"No," I said calmly and hung up the phone.

I sat down on Ashton's bed and threw my phone down next to me and ignored several more calls from David.

"Why is he like that?" I sighed, sure that no one knows the answer.

"Maybe because he's your father," Ashton suggested, sitting down next to me.

"David is not my father. He will never be my father. He has made no attempt in the last seven years to be my father. Just because he married my mom, he thinks that he's my dad, but he's not," I pulled my knees up to my chest.

Ashton comforted me as I leaned my head on his shoulder, "I'm sorry," he placed a light kiss on top of my head and wrapped his arm around my waist. He rested his chin on the top of my head and just held me close to him.

After a few moments of silence, my phone rang again, but this time it was a different ringtone. It's my mom.

"Hello," I answered.

"Livia, are you okay?" my mother sounded concerned.

"Of course I'm okay. Why do you sound so upset?" I asked, confused.

"David is very mad at you," she started.

"Mom, I'm not going home so he can yell at me," I interrupted.

"I know honey," her smooth voice calmed me, "He's very upset and I don't want him to do anything to you," she started to sound scared. "Please ask your friend if you can stay a little longer, just until I can calm David down, okay?"

"Okay, mom," I agreed.

"I love you."

"Love you too, bye."

"Bye, sweet heart," she hung up.

"What's up?" Ashton asked placing his hand on my thigh and gently rubbing it.

"Would it be alright if I stayed here for a few hours? I'm having some... family problems..."

Ashton gave me a reassuring smile, "Of course. You can stay as long as need."

"Thanks Ash, you're the best," I smiled back at him.

"Anything for you, Liv," Ashton wrapped his arms around me and pulls me close to him again. Liv? No one's ever called me Liv before and it's always sounded weird when people tried, but the way Ashton said it. It just sounded so perfect with his beautiful accent. Liv...

"So, what do you want to do?" Ashton asked after a few moments of peaceful silence.

"Can I ask you a question?" I suggested.

"Sure," he laughed, "what about?"

"Why are you in America?" I asked and Ashton gave me a hesitant look, "You said it was a long story, and now we have time." I sat cross legged on the bed and turned to face Ashton.

He sighed heavily then copied my actions and sat across from me. "Well, I've got a little brother and sister and my mom and they all live in Sydney, Australia. I was there with them until three years ago. I started to get bullied a lot in school when I was ten or so, my dad left and I was small and dorky, so people picked on me. When I got older, I started to fight back, so I got kicked out of school for fighting. At my new school, I didn't want to be the little dorky boy, so I was the bad boy. I got into lots of trouble and I got kicked out of that school too, and my mom didn't know what to do, so she sent me here to live with my uncle. In Greenwood, Arizona."

It was much less of a 'long story' than I was expecting, but I feel like Ashton was holding something back.

"How did you find your way to Greenwood, Arizona?" Ashton seemed pleased to be done with his story.

I started my story, "I am from Malibu, California. I lived in the same house my entire life, right down the street from the beach. I have an older brother and a younger step sister. When I was seven, my dad passed away. When I was nine, my mom met David, my step dad, and they got married. David had Nicole, my sister, from his previous marriage. But anyway, David is a business man of some sort and he got a job here, so he moved my entire family away from where we had been for the last nineteen years, I had to leave my friends, my school, and my boyfriend, just so he could have a new job."

"Boyfriend?" Ashton's face fell.

"Yeah," I noticed Ash's disappointment, "But neither of us wanted to have a long-distance relationship. It just seemed like too much work, so we both decided to break up right before I left."

"Oh," he tried to sound sympathetic, but I saw the smile smile forming on his face.

______________________

A/N

Okay so I hope you liked this chapter.

I love you all! You're beautiful and amazing and I would like to thank you so so so so so so so much for giving me 500 reads on this story! I know that isn't much, but I love you and thank you!!!!!!