Chapter 10

After school, I walked home without Ashton because I needed to organize my thoughts.

Ashton is so nice to me, but maybe it's all part of his act.

Ashton drove up in his car right as I walked to my door. I tried to pretend I didn't see him, but he got out and called me before I could get inside.

"Livia!"

"Oh, Ashton, I didn't even see you there," I am still a horrible liar.

"What's wrong?" he walked across the yard to me.

"Nothing, why do you ask?" I tried to act like nothing's wrong.

"Why did you leave? I was waiting to give you a ride."

I don't trust you because people keep telling me you're a player and that you're going to hurt me and I'm scared.

I figured that wouldn't go over well.

"Oh sorry, I-I forgot," wow I'm an idiot.

"Liv, what's wrong? You've been acting weird since... fourth period. Did Michael say something to you?" he grabbed my hands and entwined our fingers. I didn't respond to his question. "What did he say?"

"Nothing, Ashton, it's fine"

"Livia, what did he tell you?" he said kind of annoyed.

I might as well tell him. "He said that you're a player and that you just act all nice but you're going to leave me for the next girl next week."

He angrily ran his fingers through his hair, "Do you believe him?"

"Ash, I don't know. I only met you two days ago, but he's not the only one. Alice told me to stay away from you too. I just don't know who to believe."

"So you don't trust me anymore? Is that why you walked home?"

"I just needed some time to think."

"Can I still have a chance to prove them wrong?" Ashton asked with a charming smile that I couldn't say no to.

I reach to unlock the door, "Sure, do you wanna hang out here? My mom works late and my brother just joined the baseball team so he has practice until late and I don't really wanna be-" I gasped as I opened the door and saw the inside of the house had been thrashed. Ashton slowly followed behind me through the house.

The remainder of pictures on the walls were all smashed and thrown on the floor. In the kitchen, there were plates and cups and broken shards of glass scattered across the counter and floor.

Ashton stayed downstairs as I slowly and carefully walked up the stairs, scared of what I might find.

When I got to the top, I noticed that my mom's bedroom door was open only a little. I walked up the door and put my eye up to the crack to see what was inside.

I didn't see anything, so I slowly creaked the door open. I took two steps in and someone grabbed hold of my arm and threw me against the wall.

I looked up and saw David staring down at me.

"Hello, Livia," he breathed. I could smell the strong scent of alcohol in his breath.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted you to know that this is all your fault. You've been nothing but a little brat your entire life. I've tried but no, nothing's good enough for princess Livia." He tightens his grip on my arm.

"That's because you will never even compare to my dad! He was a wonderful man and you're nothing but a drunk who can't even take care of his family!" I snap in David's face. I try to push him away but he doesn't budge.

"Livia?" Ashton called from downstairs.

"Oh, who's that? Your little punk boyfriend?" David sounded amused.

"Liv, are you alright?" I could tell Ashton was still at the bottom of the stairs now.

"Shut up," David whispered harshly. He grabbed my other wrist and I whimpered in pain.

"Ashton please," I whispered, barely audible.

Just then, Ashton pushed through the door to save me. "Livia!" he gasped.

"Ah, look who it is... Little lover boy!" David still had his grip on my wrists that tightened as he chuckled.

"Let go of her!"

"Why would I do that?" David smirked.

"I said let go!" Ashton walked up to David and pushed him off me. David stumbled back into the nightstand and lost his grip on my wrists.

David shakily got back onto his feet, "Wrong choice," he slurred staring evilly at Ashton. David lunged forward at Ashton and punched him right in the gut. Ash bent over and clutched his stomach.

"Livia, get out," Ashton groaned.

"What? Ashton, I'm not going to-"

David pushed him again and he stumbled back into the wall, "Livia, go please," his hazel eyes stared into mine, his whole body tensed.

_______________________

A/N

2.5k READS!!!! 160 VOTES!!! What? That is unbelievable!

I love you guys for supporting me! Someone commented on the last chapter and said this is the best story they've ever read. That totally made my day! So thank you for reading and commenting and voting and being freaking awesome!