Chapter 3: Holes and Sacrifice

"Kuvira is heading our way!" Daw, an airbender exclaims. Asami and her father have been working on Plasma saws on the hummingbird machines that they have created.

While doing that it has been a matter of waiting for them to finish or for Kuvira to find us which she has. I stand up and look to Korra, "How long will it take to get the plasma saws ready?" Korra asks Asami.

"Just a few more minutes," She states concentrating on the job.

"Get out there as soon as you can."

If you do manage to get inside find the engine room. There are two emergency levers. If you switch them off a the same time, you'll cut the power." Baatar Jr. states, I take in the information silently.

"Thanks." Korra says, she turns to the rest of us. "We may not be able to beat that thing but we can slow it down. Let's go!"

I run outside and assess the giant, I would be more effective in close range. Korra and the others past me as I wait, finally I sprint towards the foot of the giant. Use a burst of blue flame, I propel myself up the leg.

I hit it with multiple streams but barely does anything, I leap off it and land on the ground crouching. Tenzin and Meelo land next to me tired, the mecha steps over us.

I stand up and start to generate lightning as the two airbenders get out of the way. I hit its back multiple times and the back windows, it turns and aims it's gun at me.

I jump out of the way and land inside of a now destroyed food stall. Above the hummingbird suits fly in, Kuvira starts to swat at them annoyed.

Their goal is to cut a hole we can get into, after a couple minutes of continuous re-positioning and Korra freezing the giant in place, Asami and Hiroshi cut a hole in the leg. I run over to the others. "Hiroshi's plan worked. There's our opening."

Everyone starts running up, I blast my myself up on the leg and run into the hole. Bolin helps me stay down while the rest come in, Korra makes it in just before the hand crushes her.

"We need to move fast. Su, Lin climb up to the arm and try to disable that weapon. Rina, Mako, Bolin get to the engine and see if you can power this thing down. I'm going after Kuvira." Korra orders, we all look at her unsure of the idea of her going alone.

"Are you sure? When you fought Kuvira before..." Su starts, Korra looks down saddened.

"I know. She almost destroyed me." She looks up determined. "Not this time."

We nod and start towards our goals, I climb up the ladder first followed by Mako and Bolin. I open the hatch using a fire dagger and punch it open, I jump up onto the floor.

"Mako you go for that one, Bolin come with me." I order taking control, I confront a guard while Bolin attacks another. I throw a fire ball at him, it hits him dead on but he still stays standing.

He sends metal plates at me from his uniform, I narrowly dodge them. A multiple go towards Bolin and I, I bend a shield of fire the knocks the plates of course.

I twist the fire into a funnel and send it at the guard, he falls to the ground unconscious. Bolin knocks his out and Mako finally stops his, the boys run to the handles and pull them down in sync but nothing happens.

"Nothing's happening!" Mako exclaims confused and frightened. I look around and the vines still glow their ominous purple.

"She must of overrided the thing." I say, Mako walks over to us as Bolin looks at the controls.

"There's got to be some other way to shut down powere from here." Mako says watching his brother, Bolin fingers hover over the buttons unsure.

"You said you worked for her, did you learn anything while you were there?" I ask getting scared and frustrated by the situation.