Liam proposes

“Liam seriously where are you taking me and why do I have a blindfold on?” I trip over a rock and Liam laughs lightly. I stick my tongue out and say, “Hey you try walking with a blind fold on.”

He laughs again, “Sorry love but we are almost there. Just a few more steps.” After about six steps he stops me and takes the blindfold off.

I gasp when I’m in the back yard of our house. Every tree is covered in Christmas lights and there is a table in front of us with candles and two chairs. I turn to him and ask, “Liam what is this all for?”

He smiles, “It’s our three year anniversary Meghan.”

I laugh, “I know but I said let’s do something simple like go to a movie silly.”

He brings me over to the table and helps me into my seat then sits in the chair across from me. He says, “I know but this anniversary is special.”

I look at him confused, “How so?”

He blushes and looks away, “It…uh…it just is.” I go to say something else but Harry runs out of the house whining like a baby.

He runs up to Liam and says, “Liam, Louis threw a fork at me!!”

I laugh when I hear Louis yell from the kitchen, “No I didn’t! Harry is a liar.” Liam rolls his eyes and looks at me and mouths sorry then walks back into the house.

He comes back out a few minutes later with two plates of food. He sets them in front of us then sits down. He smiles lightly, “Sorry about that. I thought I could trust them to cook dinner. Guess not.”

I giggle, “It’s okay.” We start eating and midway through Liam starts to get shaky and nervous. I look at him worriedly, “Liam are you okay?”

He looks up at stutters, “Y…Yea I’m fine.”

As the minutes pass I see him getting more and more nervous. I finally put my hands on his face and say, “Liam you are really scaring me.”

He bites his lip, “I’m not trying to I’m just really nervous.”

I look at him confused, “Why?”

He looks down, “Because this anniversary is so special and I want it to be perfect.”

I pull his face up, “It is perfect and so are you.” He smiles lightly and goes back to his nervous ways as Harry brings out the desert. Harry winks at me and I stick my tongue at him. Liam takes a bite of his desert. As I take a bite of mine he watches my every move. I smile but then my smile drops when I bite into something hard. I pull it out of my mouth and say, “Liam there’s a….” I don’t finish my sentence once I realize it’s a ring. I look up wide-eyed and he smiles while blushing.

He grabs the ring from me and cleans it off. He gets on one knee in front of me, “Meghan I love you so much and the past three years have been amazing. I don’t want you to be my girlfriend anymore, I want you to be my wife. Will you marry me?”

Tears sting my eyes as I choke out, “Y…Yes of course.” He smiles widely then slides the ring on my finger. Once it’s all the way on I jump into his arms and kiss him deeply. I pull away when I hear woof calls from the doorway. I laugh and smile when I see Zayn, Harry, Niall, and Louis standing there smiling.

They all run over and tackle Liam and I on the ground. At the moment I don’t even care that five boys are laying on top of me and one of the in tickling me. I only care that Liam Payne just proposed to me.