Fighting with Louis

“Can’t you just ever take a compliment Rikke,” Louis rolls his eyes at me.

I slap his arm and say, “Why should I? I’m an ugly beast.”

He looks at me a little annoyed and says, “You are not ugly. You’re beautiful.”

I say more sternly, “No I’m not. I’m ugly, fat, and gross.”

Louis look of annoyance turns into pure anger, “Every fucking time I give you a compliment you do this!”

I look at him confused, “Do what?”

He rolls his eyes and says, “Every time I say something nice about you, you call yourself hurtful names. I’m fucking sick of it.”

I push him a little and say, “Well I’m sorry that I think and know I’m ugly.”

He slams the wall and says, “Stop calling yourself ugly!! It’s not true!” He breathes slowly and tries to calm down. He says, “I’m sorry for-…”

I stop him and say, “Whatever Louis. Just leave me the fuck alone.” I walk upstairs to our room and I lay in bed hoping he won’t follow me. I’m raging mad because I hate when he is upset and I hate when he yells at me.

I hear footsteps and the Louis walks into the room. He sighs and says, “I’m sorry for yelling at you Rikke. Can you stop being stubborn and just take my compliment and apology?”

That pushes me over the edge. I sit up from the bed and say, “I’m not stubborn! You’re just an asshole.”

He looks at me shocked then says, “How am I an asshole?”

I try to think for a second but nothing comes up, “I…I don’t know. You just are!”

He laughs and says, “Come on Rikke you know I’m right.” I feel the rage building in me as he looks at me with the sly smile. I get up and storm out of the room. I run out of the house and start to walk down the street. Ugh why does he have to be such a dick about being right all the time! I keep walking until I reach the park. I sigh and sit on a swing then start to swing back and forth.

After about twenty minutes of swinging I start to cry. What if he doesn’t come looking for me…does that mean he doesn’t want to be with me anymore? As I’m crying I see someone walk in front of me. I look up slowly and see Louis standing in front of me with a guilty face. I choke out, “L…Louis.” Before I can say anything else he grabs me and holds me close to his chest. I hug his waist tight and start crying even more.

He rubs my back and says, “It’s ok baby. I’m here. I’m sorry for being such a jerk.” I shake my head in disapproval but he put his finger on my lips and says, “I shouldn’t have acted like that.” I look up at him then grab his face and kiss him deeply. He kisses me back then says, “Let’s go home baby.”

We walk back into the house and I say softly, “Can we watch movies?”

He smiles and says, “Of course.” We sit on the couch and I snuggle into his chest. Halfway through the movie I look up and jump a little when I see Louis is already looking at me.

I blush and say, “What’s wrong?”

He smiles and says, “You’re just so beautiful.” I roll my eyes but he stops me and says, “Please just believe me this one time. You are beautiful. I love your amazing eyes and your gorgeous brown hair. The best part about you is your height. You’re so short and adorable.”

I blush and look down. He pulls my chin up and kisses me softly. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes feeling like a million bucks. We never have a fight like that again. We fight about other stuff but never about Louis complimenting me and whenever we fight we always make up knowing we love each other deeply.