Class 9 : Abandoned

It feels like I've been blind,

Something's wrong with my mind.

I had forgotten that the devil was once an angel too.

The tears were here before,

Now they are no more.

I have stopped to care,

I no longer wish you were here.

Its a sad tale to tell,

I don't know where we tripped and fell.

Took me a while to realize,

But then again I've never really been wise.

That I've been abandoned.

Stranded , isolated and ignored.

You've treated me like I was a bore,

You've left me all alone,

You've given me that irritated tone,

You've walked away.

Not a single glance at my way.

Towards that girl who you now call your "best friend" ,

And ask that we amend,

You'll never know what it feels like to be abandoned.

Author's Note: Previously I had written " Special friend " because those were the words I thought that described best ,what my friend ( who is the reason for this poem) was trying to tell while asking to amend our friendship.

However ,(and I'm very sad to have discovered this) after making someone read this , they were waggling their eyebrows at those two words thinking I was talking about my boyfriend or someone alike. It seems in this modern world of ours, it is incomprehensible for people to believe that two girls can also share a special friendship. The worst news is , after this particular episode in my life I have become as cynical about friendships between girls as the society in my country.

It seems despite being a girl myself, circumstances in my life has pushed me to believe no special friendships ( and I mean a completely normal one . So cough , to anyone thinking otherwise. Please get your head out of the gutter) between girls is possible.