Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End

Thank you, CORMIA, for reading this and being so beautifully awesome, like all of you. Thank you guys for reading this story.  Happy last reading. :)

|Andrew|

My hands began to perspire as I shyly glanced at her.  She kept talking with her friend and I kept swallowing the drinks set on top of the bar counter.  I couldn’t help but stare at her and sigh.

Her golden tresses were coiled in wavy curls that enchanted her shoulders in a hypnotic spectacle.  Her small plump frame hid behind the imperial cocktail green dress that awake those honeyed gems of eyes.  And those pair of Doc Martens perfectly combined with her dress, impaling her tomboy-ness through every eye that landed on her beauty.  Enchanted, I closed my eyes at the sound of her sweet laughter that sounded as delightful as a lullaby.

Day after day she looks so beautiful it’s hard for me to stop staring at her.  And day after day, I’m determined to live the rest of my life with her.  And what I’m about to do will either break me or make me.

“Andrew, calm down, man,” his stupid voice said beside me, “You need to be sober for this night, dude.”

Shooting him a glare, I downed another drink. “Ayden, shut up.”

Amused, he patted my shoulder, shaking his head. “Still same old Andrew. I missed this, man. I’m glad you called.”

“Yeah,” I snorted, “If it was it for you, we’d never made up.”

And he knew I was telling the truth.  After weeks being together with Riley, she told me how Ayden helped her push every fear away and confess to me.  I had to thank him, because—even though we weren’t communicating—he ended up being the cupid in this story.

“I’m glad I called you too,” I admitted, winking at him, “I didn’t know if my plan was too corny for her. You know her…she’s not into corny stuff.”

“You always need me for something and I’m such a good friend…even though things happened.”

“I can’t believe you loved Lora all that time, man,” I sighed.

Immediately, he stiffened. “Don’t say that again, man. Somebody could hear you… She’s even seeing another guy. Such a…”

“I’m sorry, man.” Now it was my turn to pat his shoulder. “You’ll be alright—“

“Heck yeah—especially if that brunette over there glances at me.” We both looked at the girl across the ballroom, and effectively, she did glance back at him with a wave. “Yep, tonight is going to be a great night.”

Ayden kept looking at her while I turned back and continued to toy with my fingers.  The slow music drowned me deeper in my nervousness.  And maybe just maybe…I could ignore my thoughts and cheer the groom and bride who danced together romantically in the middle of the dance floor.

“Ease up, bro,” once again, Ayden joked, slapping my shoulder. “What could go wrong?”

“Everything!” I snapped. “She’s acting all weird…maybe she’s doubting this…”

“Why? I talked to her before—“

“Because I don’t know,” I almost yelled. “I’m just—“

“Scared? Nervous?”

Shocked, I met his daring smile, and I knew I had to prove him wrong.  Brusquely, I climbed off the bar stool and started to walk towards her, fixing my black suit and ignoring the fancy chatting people. I wasn’t nervous, nor scared.  And I was going to corroborate it.