Chapter 4: First Date ✔

|Riley|

      I swung my lightsaber back and forth after I jumped on top of my bed.

      "Voldemort! I will kill you!" I shouted, picturing a paled Andrew Lukewood hovering above me and lacking a proper nose.

      "Hiya!" I screeched, emitting a muffled sound.

I rolled over my bed, swaying the lightsaber and battling with Voldemort or Boba Fett—I'm still trying to figure which one he is.

       I couldn't believe what just happened!

I just accepted to be Andrew's girlfriend and all because I'm so damn stupid and obvious. Why? I mean at least it could be Ayden! Not... not Andrew! Better said, Boba Fett! I can even remember his amused smirk when he found out about my secret. That...that Dracula!

     I hate him, hate him, and hate him! 

How could he be cruel enough to blackmail me just to  help him make his girlfriend jealous?! That is inhuman! And why me? I'm obviously not a supermodel or a cutie to make a beautiful Lora jealous! Hello, I'm a tomboy and I'd like to stay that way! Or he's stupid or he likes to play with people. Why me?! Why not another one?! Why me?! I was happy with my simple life! Well, not that happy, but yet, less miserable than now.

     With each of my thoughts I swung the lightsaber with more intensity; fighting with my own feelings. How am I supposed to be his girlfriend if I hate him, since we were kids? 

Fine, I was going to be his ‘date’ but he was so going to pay for this!

Oh, yeah! Nobody! I said, nobody, messes with Riley Benjamin that easily. I will be the worst date ever witnessed in history. I panted with a mischievous smile while I lied on top of my bed, surrounded by my Star Wars sheets and pillows.

      "What was I thinking? Why does Ayden have to be so beautiful?" I asked myself a question with no answer.

     I glanced around my room. All I saw were navy blue painted walls. Star Wars, Soccer and Samus Aran posters surrounded the four walls that enclosed me in my sanctuary. My sister, Alexis,  always wondered why such a sporty girl like me loved Star Wars so much. The answer was simple. My father used to be an astronomer for a private industry. He was a hardcore Star Wars fan and I was the son he never had. Figures.

      I used to be very happy when they were alive. It was me, Alexis, Mom, and Dad all together playing UNO or eating, laughing, and witnessing happiness. Until one night, when my parents were heading to a conference for awarded astronomers (one of them being my father) and in the middle of the road they crashed against an intoxicated driver. Both of them died at the instance. And I can vaguely remember when the police called us and told us the news. Alexis was twenty, and I was only fifteen. The shock of a pregnant Alexis was too much and to top it all, both our caring and devoted parents were gone.

They vanished. They never came back. It felt unreal—all the time. My inner kid always waited for them to arrive.  She still does.

      I was really attached to my Dad. He always told me stories and things about the universe and how amazing it was. Although I don't look the image of a nerd and science geek, I consider myself one. But I was always forced to hide it in high school.  If I wasn't the sporty chick, I was the nerdy tomboy. Beats me every time. I was an ignorant.

When Andrew's horrible face flashed through my mind, I let out a loud huff.  "You smelly Boba Fett!"

    Then, I sat up at the sound of a creaking door, and to my lovely surprise, it was Olivia peeking out from behind the door. "Can I come in?" she squeaked.