Chapter 12: Bad News, Good Miseries

|Riley

      A manly and captivating scent hypnotized me. My face snuggled deeper, closing the gap that separated our bodies. I couldn’t believe what was happening and yet, I didn’t care. His chest was so warm and firm that it made me feel secured between his defined arms.

    Something that I didn’t expected was to see Andrew so… um… good-looking? I knew he was one of the most desired men from campus, but still… I didn’t expect to see him so masculine and attractive.  I wasn’t ready.

   “Do you want me to sing it again?” He said sweetly. The vibrations of his voice rumbled inside his chest, seducing me to be closer to him.

   I raised my gaze and nodded, “Yes,” I said. But before I could say another word, he seized me with his intense stare and I swallowed hard.

  “Butch,” he chuckled, “what’s wrong? Are you nervous?”

   An earnest smirk appeared on his lips, “No. I’m cold,” I lied, hiding my face away from him.

   Why do I have to freaking blush?!

   “Well then, if you’re so cold,” he lifted his feet on top of the trunk and sat Indian style, “Come.”

   He had his arms stretched out and I hesitated, “What? No!”

   “Come, Butch. You’ll see you’ll be warmer,” he smiled and grabbed my shoulders, “Gees, sometimes you’re so stubborn.”

   “What are you doing?” I asked when I felt my back squashed against his chest and his arms wrapped around me, “Boba!”

  “Shut up!” he exclaimed after nuzzling his head between my shoulder and my neck, “I’m singing.” Oh good grief!

  “Boba, I think we should—,”I stopped talking when his arm embraced me closer to him and caressed my bare shoulder, sending tickling sensations with each stroke. I wasn’t in control anymore and being so near to him was confusing my senses.

  I started panicking, this couldn’t be good. I mean, didn’t the couples do this? Then why are we doing this?

  “Itsy bitsy spider,” he began to whisper on my ear, sending my chills down my spine. “Riley?”

  “Yes?” I asked with my accelerated breathing. I swear he could hear my heart beating rapidly. “What, Andrew?”

  “I have to tell you something,” he whispered again, making me gulp down the saliva. His lips softly grazed my earlobe and goose bumps conquered my skin. He always had the same upshot on me.

   Oh, no, this is not good.

  “Tell me,” I ended up begging when my muscles started to relax; they involuntarily were feeling comfortable with this position.

   “I,” he hesitated but after a loud sigh he continued, “I lo—“

   Beep! Beep!

   The car horns were overhead and Andrew’s whispers were lost in the air. I was so calmed and relaxed yet troubled that when somebody honked I jumped out of Andrew’s arms and almost fell out of the trunk.

  “Careful there,” Andrew said with concern plastered on his face when he grabbed me by my shoulders and secured me again in his arms.

  “Thanks,” I chuckled nervously and bounced off of the trunk and of Boba’s arms.