Chapter 22: Going Out of My Head

There was a creak that summoned my sentient alert and attention. Flapping my heavy eyes open, a slight yawning moan made its way outside my mouth and whirled free inside the white walled manly room. The sun shone through a window that hid behind the double bed that I had the pleasure to rest in. And overall, I had lost my sense and vague memories of where I was, came to me in a rush.

Creak!

Belatedly, I sat upright and rubbed my temples. Looking sideways, I vaguely remembered that I never went home… that I slept between Andrew’s arms. The reminiscence made my heart flutter and my stomach twist in a blissful harmony.

He carried me to his bed? Did he…? Did we…?

Hastily, I checked if I had my undies on and thankfully, I did. Smiling relieved, I rubbed my eyes and yawned one more time. As I run my fingers through my tangled hair, a sneeze whistled out. My lungs tickled, beckoning a raspy and hurtful cough.

“Finally,” a deep and hoarse voice boomed throughout the doorway. “It was about time. You’re late for your first day of work, Miss Benjamin.”

Recognizing his voice, I sharply fixed my mess of a hair and checked my breath. It was of no use… I had a rotten breath. It was like I ate a dead pink pony and its decayed flesh got stuck between my teeth. I rubbed my face one more time before turning my gaze to the booming voice.

“I’m just kidding. It’s Saturday,” the plenteous figure full of masculinity roared in laughter.

My eyes widened and quickly I covered my eyes. “Oh, Yoda! Please, put a shirt on!”

Warm chuckles reverberated throughout the room and I quickly made a hole between my fingers, to see him shaking his head with a smirk. “Bad timing, I guess.”

“Y-yes! Yes! Yes! Bad timing!”

“I didn’t plan to get out of shower just when you woke up so stop being so childish, Riley.”

The way he uttered my name made me lower my hands and watch his splendor while my inner system of self-control wrecked down. A violent swirl of blood rushed up to my cheeks where it erupted in a red blushing. My breath quickened as my eyes roamed all up to his wet curls that dangled just above his brows. Then, they glided slowly to stop at his shining chestnut brown eyes, to continue gliding down past his wet sensual lips and his swaying Adam’s apple, to halt at his virile chest and inviting torso. I did not dare to lower my gaze but I stole a quick glance of his white towel wrapped around his waist, revealing his pelvic bones spotting out just above the hem of the towel; and lastly, I did not forget to see the drops of water sliding down on his hairy and robust legs.

“Riley?” his husky and breathtaking voice was the cherry on top.

A cherry on top of a sexy and perfectly made ice-cream that no one will refuse to eat—oh, stop yourself, Riley!

“Uhm—da-la-la?” my broken voice and illogical sense spewed out.

“Close your mouth, I can see that you haven’t brush it,” Andrew chuckled and started to dry his dusky curls with another matching towel.

Immediately, I closed my jaw, biting my own tongue in the process. But I held a moan of pain inside my chest—where my heart hastily pumped blood to preserve the blushing.

“In another moment, I would’ve said that you could have your day off. But I just received an important call, and I need you to accompany me to an appointment. Oh, and—,” he suddenly stopped his pace and eyed me with a frown. “Aren’t you going to write that down? Where is your agenda?”