14 | changed ways

c h a p t e r | 14
CHANGED WAYS
'Can't we just photoshop that shit?'
__________

AFTER HAVING TRIED MULTIPLE THINGS TO GET THE WALKING DEAD OUT OF BED, she had enough, and now barely able to stay serious she watched a sputtering Hale finally sit upright on the bed.

"Wake up call and shower all in one, perfect. Saves us time from what we've already lost," Tessa proclaimed and turned her attention to her phone to confirm a few texts. She was having items sent over instead of picking it up herself because it was more important making sure that Hale was never late again.

"What the hell?" Hale growled, shaking the water drops away to prevent them from falling in his eyes. His hair dripped profusely, just as his entire upper body was drenched together with the sheets after Tessa had thrown a bucket of ice cold water at him.

Maybe she could have gone without the ice cubes she had added as payment for the bruises she had obtained from getting him home yesterday.

She purses her lips when Hale picked up an ice cube before looking at her, his eyes unusually bright which clearly was due to the efficient wake up call as the rest of him looked utterly pitiful.

"I warned you of not being late," Tessa shrugged and plopped down on a chair, her fingers cruising over the keys.

"What time is it?" Hale muttered and groggily rubbed his face, before running his hands through his hair to get the wet hair out of his face. His hair, now swept back appealingly, truly enhanced the remarkable angles of his face.

"7.30," she answered promptly while messaging Parker about meeting him later since she had to dress him for a movie premiere. The 'Sip Meow' song had been picked as the soundtrack much to Parker's dislike.

"Yeah, I'm going to bed again," Hale informed and bumped back down on the bed only to grimace as ice cubes filled the pillow and mattress and sat back up again.

"It'll be worth every penny paying one to wake you up like this every morning, don't you think?" Tessa sing sang with celebration as Hale grunted. She chuckled as he sent an aggravated scowl her way, before he pushed the sheets away and taking in his appearance.

"Wait, did we hook up last night?" Hale's gruff voice asked as it dawned on him that he was only in his boxers and Tessa let out a snort, finally looking up from her phone to meet his gaze straight on.

"Yeah right. I would rather go skydiving without a chute than go near you petri dish of STDs," she grunted blatantly.

"And yet you were just so eager to get off my clothes," Hale voiced, the smug smirk finally back in place.

"Sure, I was. I was so eager I just couldn't wait to get your pants off. I mean it's just so appealing when a guy wets himself that—" She couldn't continue as Hale's face within a split second turned from smug to ashen, and cracked up. She tried hiding her laughs behind her hand, but failed miserably.

"But really, about last night. About Clash," she continued when she got her laughter under control while Hale tried fishing the cubes out of his bed.

"It's whatever," he snapped, clearly indicated it was not discussable a topic, which made Tessa let out a heavy sigh, while pocketing her phone.

"Hale, last nig—" she started again and gestured towards him, only to get cut off when he glared at her before turning his back to her altogether.

"Yeah, what a show. Woot, Hale Westbrook drunk off his ass and in desperate need of a savior. A savior you believe to be, who, what you? Yeah, no. I ain't talking to you about that," he shook his head, his voice carrying an undertone of bitterness, which Tessa had taken aback, but nevertheless feeling more persistent.