13 | edible flirtations

c h a p t e r | 13
EDIBLE FLIRTATIONS
'Darling, you're eating a burger.'
__________

- WARNING LONG CHAPTER AHEAD -
- Enjoy ! (; -

__________

"IS THIS A BAD TIME?" A melodious voice wondered over the phone and Tessa's heart skipped to her throat, and for the first time in hours she looked at the clock.

Alexander Casey was calling her at nine o'clock at night.

"No, no. Not at all, I was just... Working," she said and let go of the photo she'd picked up and began to smoothen out the hem of her shirt.

"Working?" Alexander spoke hesitantly as if he was checking his watch at the same time.

"Yeah, someone gotta work for a living you know," she retorted with a laugh, and she could almost visualize the smile on his face.

"Well, does work get in the way of you eating?" He inquired and Tessa bit her lower lip, recalling yesterday where she had to turn him down as she had to style Parker for his Sun Kissed reveal.

She pushed away Hale's stab at the 3 day rule. Why was she even thinking of him now? She scowled down at the pictures on her borrowed desk. Hale's smolder eyeing her teasingly until she turned the picture around facedown.

"I had a sandwich," she answered bleakly and felt her cheeks redden. Alexander did not seem like a guy who ate something as common as a sandwich. He was too sophisticated for that.

"When?"

"Um..." She hummed as she was not even sure when.

"How about grabbing a late bite? Or is prying you away from work for an evening too much to ask for?" He teased and she smiled into the phone.

"I guess I could go for a bite, but I just—" she trailed off as she looked down at her attire.

"I'm sure you look beautiful," Alexander voiced, intuitive enough to know what was on her mind, and she felt another shiver of giddiness run through her.

"Where shall I meet you?" She asked, ignoring the compliment as she was not sure she could thank him without sounding like an air headed school girl.

"Meet me? Nonsense I'm picking you up," he chided over the phone and Tessa sucked in her lips. Alexander truly was a gentlemen in every sense of the word. The closest she had ever gotten to that before was when Sean shared his donut with her in 3rd grade.

"Tessa?" Alexander spoke up as she apparently had stayed quiet for too long and she quickly shook off her stupor.

"I'm packing up. I'll send you the address," she said and made sure of her promise as they hung up and she hurriedly packed up her stuff when he wrote he would be there in three.

She had been crammed up in one of the offices of the agency after she could not concentrate with Indy's obsessive blabbing and flippant suggestions to Hale's new image.

Hale might be up for some thong stripping in a paper hat, but Tessa definitely did not see the relevance as to how that would make him appear more mature, responsible and dependable.

Surely, she knew the sex appeal of Hale Westbrook was a trademark she could not let go unexplored but still she believed it would be better delivered with taste.

Just as she descended the stairs, a car pulled up front. A sleek black Mercedes that bore no recognizable features, but was beautiful nonetheless. Nothing that could compare to Alexander who stepped out from the back seat though.