11 | lonely pringle

c h a p t e r | 11
LONELY PRINGLE
'Really, single as a Pringle?'
__________

TESSA WENT TO BITE AT THE END OF HER PEN, as John kept staring at her over his fingers. She briefly scanned over her notes once again to see if she had missed any of her important points since John remained an unreadable statue in front of her.

For a minute there she was actually scared he had fallen asleep with open eyes, and trust her to know it could be done, after all, she'd done it several times towards Parker.

"So...." She trailed off, fishing for a reaction. In theory, this could easily be achieved but considering the model in question was who he was, she could see the possible flaw in her plan.

When had Hale ever done as she asked?

"You really think this is the way to go?" John spoke thoughtfully, his gaze never leaving her face, and she felt a slight heat travel to her cheeks. She was quite certain John was thinking the same thing as her.

"All I can say is that he's going nowhere like this," Tessa bit the inside of her cheek when she realized that maybe it was not the right way to phrase the current situation in front of the one handling Hale's career. "This is more of a suggestion," she quickly spoke up, drumming her pen on her notepad.

"It can't hurt to try and so far our best bet is to change his reputation. You said it yourself, and this is a way to do it. To present a more mature Hale." She felt like grimacing by her last words as mature and Hale really did not go together. When John's mouth tugged slightly upwards by the corners she knew he caught her on it.

"Look. There is a reason why Deluca hasn't already jumped at the opportunity. They want his popularity, but the image isn't right for them. You said it yourself that they so far just postponed the meeting, which means there is a small chance. A chance that won't hurt for him to try," Tess spoke, subconsciously creeping to the edge of her seat to get closer to John's desk.

"I've looked over their stats, resumes, relations and past campaigns and it's safe to say that they are looking for someone who oozes ambition and confidence. Not just edge composed as confidence, but the kind that comes with relatable responsibility—"

"And you think Hale can be that guy?" John's brows rose questioningly, while his eyes portrayed the doubt Tessa could not suppress herself.

"Hale doesn't have to be the guy, he just has to look like the guy," Tessa pressed, "You, yourself must have kept Hale on for so long because you see potential in him."

John shook his head subtly, a small smile ghosting his lips. He looked down at the ground. "Tell me Tessa, why are you pitching me this idea?" He looked up at her again and Tessa felt like squirming in her seat by the look he was giving her.

"Look, Hale's an ass. We can both agree on that, but he's not stupid, though I cannot for the life of me understand why he keeps wanting people to believe that he is. I can't tell you exactly why, but I think he's bored and has lost his focus. It makes me believe that a challenge might just be the thing to do the trick."

"I've seen the image you've helped me create for Parker and I truly appreciate it, but—"

"I've already looked into some additional shots and appearances that can test the waters and see if it's a fit and so far those I've spoken with are willing to—"

"You looked into booking photoshoots?" John looked at her surprised but Tessa waved him off as she pulled forward a folder she put together and dropped it in front of him.

"I know it's not really my area of expertise, but since I've worked with a few of them I called them and asked if they would be interested and so far the responses has been quite positive," she informed as John turned the pages.