Chapter 16

( Sorry I haven't been active! Enjoy, I'll be updaing at least twice a week from now on)

Chapter 16

We rode home at about 3am, the stereo turned up full blast. It seemed that Emma and Amber were having more fun without me anyways. They seemed close, too close if you ask me. Closer then Amber and I am at the moment.

“Yo guys, imma have to drop ya’ll off at my place because I really can’t drive” Emma slurred as she put the car in park outside her house.

I should have driven.

I climb out of the car, stumbling over myself. I felt light headed. When was the last time I ate? Hunter rolls out from the trunk, his face had a green tint. I felt bad for stuffing him back there but I didn’t know where to put him.

“Let’s go” I whisper to him, pulling on his arm.

“Where?” he groans as he flops to the ground.

“Home. My mom’s going to be up in 2 hours and we’re a good distance from home. 5 miles at least.”

Hunter picked his head up, an annoyed look crossed over his face. I pull him up and we started to walk, saying goodbye to everyone. The moon was still up and the stars were bright. Brighter then the moon I guess.

“Aurora!” I hears Jason’s voice call. I look over at the street, Jason was driving his pick-up truck. I guess he didn’t get a ride from Emma after all to her house.

“Want a ride?”

“Please say yes Aurora, please I don’t care if you’re feeling awkward around him I want to go hommmmmeeeee” Hunter whines.

“Only if you promise to never do that again”

“Fine.”

“Um, yeah sure, that’d be great” I call.

We walk over to his car, I get into the front and Hunter flopped down in the back, immediately falling asleep.

“Thanks for offering” I said.

Jason smiled. His eyes shimmered when he did so which made my stomach flutter. His football jacket sleeves were rolled up, showing an I.D bracelet. I never noticed it before.

“Whats on your wrist?” I ask cautiously when we were at a red light.

Jason looks down. HIs eyes get big and he rolls down his sleeves.

“Nothing. It’s nothing.” He lied.

“Jason for god’s sake I know its a medical bracelet I'm not stupid.” I snarl. I hated how he was never open. Ever.

The light turned green. I could see him pondering wether or not to tell me. I crossed my arms.

“I have diabetes, okay?” he said after a moment.

I suddenly felt like an idiot. How have I never noticed that? EVER. I went to school with him for over 8 years and failed to notice.

“Oh.” was all I said.

“I was diagnosed only a couple of months ago. It’s genetic. I didn’t want to tell anyone. Especially you because then I would’ve looked so…”

“So what?”

“Wimpy? I don’t know.”

“Why does that matter?”

“It doesn’t"

“It must a little bit because you really didn’t want to tell me.”

We round the corner about 4 blocks away from my house. The hum of the engine was soothing.