Chapter 19- The last sunrise

Chapter 19

~ 3 years later ~

I stood at the end of his driveway, feeling the bitter cold nip at my feet and my nose. The snow was falling hard yet gracefully, and my eyes were watering. Amber had left already for John Hopkins, she had managed to turn her life around from Sophomore year. She started studying and caring, less about boys and drinking. Jason had left a year before, going across the country to UCLA. He also left me here alone, saying that it wasn’t going to work out. My heart was still broken, and nobody could ever fix it. Hunter had left, he left when Amber and I made up He said he wasn’t needed anymore. I knew that he was. I wasn’t at peace anymore. 

As the air become so cold that it was starting to hurt my fingers, and my body felt like it was shutting down, the air starting to shift in front of me, as if something was pulling at it. 

Hunter appeared, his face sunken with anger and regret, his body was tired and he looked defeated. 

But when he saw me, all of it disappeared. 

“Aurora,” 

I just stared ahead. I couldn’t care anymore. I couldn’t pull myself to look at him anymore. It would kill me for sure. 

“What are you doing out here? You’ll freeze to death!” he said, stepping towards me. 

I didn’t move. 

“Fine.” 

“You can’t do this. Aurora, please.” 

I push past him, going right to the edge of the driveway. 

Any moment now. 

“I know that Jason left you. I know that Amber is gone, I know it seems hopeless but-“

“But nothing, Hunter. Nothing you can say will make me change my mind. I want to do this. I’m alone, I have no one. No future, I have a black void that I call my life.”

I can hear it now, I heard the screech. 

For the last time, I turn around and see his face. The face I fell in love with, the face that let Jason break me. The face I no longer trusted. 

“I’ll see you soon, Hunter.”

The car came barreling down the road, skidding on ice, out of control. I took a deep breathe, and stepped into the middle of its path. 

And then it was white.