Chapter 7

Chapter 7

November 15, 2013

Amber’s horn honked from outside my house at 9 o’clock at night.

“Moooommmm where’s my other shoe?” I yelled, running around with one black combat boot.

“Here, it was in my room” she said, throwing my other boot into the hall.

“Have fun tonight okay? Be safe” she said, coming out in her sweats. My mother had always looked 10 years younger than she actually was. I guess you could say that she hated stress which is why she never fought with me about going to a party. She trusted me and Amber to not be totally stupid.

“I will” I say, kissing her on the cheek and ran to Amber’s beat up a thousand year old Toyota.

Amber’s hair was pulled into a ponytail, a white crop top and skinny jeans with high heels.

“You snuck out didn’t you?” I ask. Amber grinned.

“You think my crazy Asian parents would let me out like this? I told them I was crashing at your place so you’re housing me tonight”

Amber’s parents we’re traditional Asian parents. Perfect grades, cello lessons and absolutely no boyfriends, kissing or sex. Amber had broken all of them.

“Awesome, let’s go” I say.

The party was a Katharine Lee’s house. Her parents we’re gone for 2 weeks and she had the house to herself. So of course she was throwing a party. Katharine was known for her crazy parties anyways. We parked 5 houses away from her house, the lights were on.

“Dam I hope the cops don’t come. I can’t run this time” Amber snarled.

We zigzagged though the cars, passing people in the street totally drunk. As we came closer to the house, I saw Hunter’s crew standing at the curb. Jason looked up, a small smile formed on his face.

The house had so many people, even though it was already getting started. The music was loud and pounding through the speakers. Amber and I were given beer in red plastic cups, which were littered all over the floor. I don’t remember much after that. I just remember dancing, loosing Amber in the crowed. I drank beer after beer, not caring how hangover I was going to be tomorrow. Some guy was all over me, pulling me close. I was too drunk to pull away from him. He pulled me out to the porch were it was more quiet. Quinn. That was his name. I remember tasting the alcohol on his lips, not even sure how I got there. His hands slipped down to my hips. I pulled away.

“Stop” I slurred.

“Come on Aurora. Don’t be like this” Quinn said. I unwrapped myself from his arms, stumbling away, thinking how lucky I was that I didn’t have Amber’s shoes on.

“I barley even know you Quinn. I just know-know that you use girls and-and I’m not going to be one of them” I stumble.

Quinn’s eyes light up with anger. He grabs my arm and drags me down the stairs, other people don’t notice.

“Let GO of me!” I snarl, slapping his arm.

He ignores me and drags me out to the front yard.

“Let go! LET GO OF ME” I yell, hoping someone would hear me.

Quinn turns around and slaps my face.

“Shut. Up.” He hisses in my face.

I felt myself shaking as he dragged me to the line of cars. Hunter’s group was gone, disappeared from sight. Quinn dragged me to his car, a Ford pickup truck. He slammed me against the door. He covered my mouth. He out his face right in front of mine, his eyes fiery.