Chapter 12

Chapter 12

After falling asleep in Science, barley getting through English and wanting to kill half my team in Gym, Lunch seemed like Heaven.

Until I remembered Hunter.

I had no idea where he wanted to meet me, all I knew was that he was running around the hallway doing god knows what.

“Auroraaaaaaa” Amber whined.

I had totally forgotten that she was there.

“What hm” I stammer

“I asked you what you want. It’s my day, remember?”

Amber and I had started getting each other’s lunch in 8th grade when we only had 22 minutes to eat. This way one of us can reserve seats while the other one could get lunch.

“Uh just um an apple” I say.

Amber looked confused.

“For lunch?”

“I’m not that hungry”

I was too busy stretching my neck over the crowd looking for Hunter to realize that he was right behind me.

“Hey who are you-“

“AHHHHHHHHHH” I screamed.

At that moment Amber looked at me like I was crazy.

“Are you okay?” she asked, her face looking pale.

“What yeah no I’m fine I just…forgot my math homework” I said, feeling Hunter’s hand on my shoulder.

“I’ll meet you in there, I um, have to go get it” I lied.

She nodded, looking really confused.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah really, I’m fine” I said, jabbing my elbow into Hunters gut.

Serves him right.

Amber disappears into the cafeteria and I drag Hunter along the hallway to the “Forbidden Courtyard” or the courtyard that’s only for teachers to go into and eat. If you’re caught there, you could be given a detention or even suspended, that’s what happened to Ally Goldwin trying to get to class one day.

At least, I think it is…

“Hunter, are you CRAZY?” I shriek.

Hunter was still doubled over from me hitting him in the stomach which I was starting to feel bad about.

“Okay look I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you. I found this while I was wondering” He said.

Hunter pulled out a small dark blue notebook with the initials, JA

“That’s Jason’s freaking notebook Hunter what the hell are you doing with it?” I hiss

Jason always had this blue notebook that he sometimes wrote in but he never let people touch it or anyone look in it. Not even Hunter.

Which is why I panicked.

“You stole this didn’t you” I say, my voice getting higher.

Hunter grinned. The mid-noon sunlight danced off his face making him look crazy.

“Hunter you have to sneak this back into his bag! I can’t have it are you kidding me?” I asked

“Look I already read it. This is half the reason why I’m even here Aurora, to get this blue book and show you it. The second half is to help you repair your goddam life” He said, his smile fading.

My stomach dropped like a bowling ball.

“Hunter please, if Jason finds out someone  took it he’ll be pissed” I plead.

Hunter shoves the small book into my hands.

“Nope. Sorry. Now can we eat? I’m starving”