chapter 24

Winter's p.o.v

i heard the wailing sirens first, in the middle of the night while i was doing target practice in the training room. i automatically knew who it would be. that was sooner then i expected, they really are a bunch of idiots.

there are only two possible options for who is gonna come look for me. and I'm ready for both. my brother and the archer. my brother is a speedster so he'd find me fastest but i have a feeling the archer is far more determined.

it's only been a few hours but i feel a lot better. it doesn't take long for my strength to return but i should still be careful for the moment.

i smiled as doctor zero barged in with a look of panic.

before he could say anything i nodded and walked out the door, already with a smile on my lips. the difference between me and everyone else is that i am always way ahead of everyone. i knew this would happen before the avengers knew themselves because i set the whole game up.

let the games begin. and by the end you better believe their will be a hell of a lot of deaths. and in the end i always win. so the avengers will give me what i want one way or another.

freedom.

what form that comes in, i really don't care. whether they leave me alone, hydra leaves me alone or death. those are the only three options my freedom can come in. they all leave me alone and i can go into hiding on the run, they die or i die.

no matter which one plays out, i win. i always win.

i walk confidently with a smirk down the hall. i may be weakened from my arrow wound but I'm strong. i can kill everyone with my eyes closed. plus i am fully armed with my favorite toys. my most favorite weapons are knives but i can be patient, they are for the grand finally. the key is to not let them know i have them.

of course they'll be on their guard, an assassin always has hidden weapons that are never in the open. the archer should certainly know that because he once was an assassin. and i can use that to my advantage.

everyone has a deepest fear. some are buried deeper than others but my demons can sniff even the smallest fear out. of course i fear nothing, not even death. because death is easy, life is harder. if you have the will to live then your strong.

and i always survive. i will always be a survivor, it's a talent of mine or else i would have been dead a thousand times over. of course no one can get close enough to kill me. except my dad, if he wished he could strike me down at any moment.

i wonder why he hasn't.

but that's not important. 3....2....1.

i hear him way before he gets here, as soon as he's close enough, even at super speed; i grab quicksilver by the throat.

i smile as his eyes widen in complete shock. probably not expecting me to be able to catch him.

"what took you so long, Pietro? I'm guessing your the brother the tin can told me about, etro?"i said remembering my nickname for my older brother.

"how... did you catch... me?" he gasped in wonder.

"it was easy. your timing is really predictable." i said letting my iron grip go of his throat.

killing him is not part of my game.

he tries to move but he's frozen to the floor. just like when we were kids. i officially remember everything about my past.

"seriously? doesn't this trick ever get old for you?" he asked with annoyance.

"nope. I've missed you Pietro but i have a score to settle. nothing can be as it once was. because when this game is over nothing will be the same, i always win remember." i say with a smirk.