chapter 13

WINTER'S P.O.V

we walk into the elevator of stark tower, and i let out a breath of relief mixed with annoyance. the whole time i was worried that my father would come back despite what he said and now i am very annoyed to be back at this stupid tower. and worst of all i have to pretend to be on their side! these people have to be incredibly stupid if they think I'll ever truly join them. i would never turn down the challenge  but this will be so boring if i have to act good. even if it is temporary.

"are you ready?" Clint asks as the elevator doors open.

"of course." i say more confidently then i actually am.

don't get me wrong, i am plenty confident that i can fool the idiots but not as confident as i usually am. i mean can they really be that stupid? or will they're hopefulness blind them. i mean it has clouded Clint's judgement into trusting me to stay at the tower.

Clint smirks as captain America walks into the huge room, just as we step out of the elevator. followed by the rest of the avengers. damn it. Barton must of told them i was missing and then he went ahead to look for me on his own. that was stupid on his part but I'm thankful for that stupidity. he did end up saving my skin back there but there is no way i will ever let him know that.

as long as i am here i will make it my mission to torture him as much as possible. for two reasons. one: he'll regret this game and two: i need something to entertain me if i am stuck here without killing.

"good you found her." stark smirks as he approaches me in full armor.

i roll my eyes. Clint found me but there is no way he would have brought me in if my jackass of a father hadn't gotten involved.

"yep, he found me. time to throw him a party!" i say sarcastically causing everyone to laugh.

"whatever, kid." stark mumbled.

"i have an announcement!" Clint said loudly, silencing the leftover snickers.

"Winter here, remembers everything." he said not as loudly.

"does that include before she ran away. everything, everything?" rogers asked suspiciously.

"yep." i proudly as my eyes locked on Pietro.

i really have missed my brother, that i didn't lie about.

"does that include me?" Pietro asked nervously.

i nodded with tears in my eyes. i have to sell this and i really am happy to have him back. but i have to remain unattached even if i am playing a part. we weren't close as kids so there is no reason that has changed.

in a split second, Pietro was in front of me. and what i do next earns a gasp from everyone, even Clint. reaching up on my toes because Pietro is like a giant compared to me, i hug him tightly. and this is not faked. it really has been too long and if i have to play a part, I'll sell and take advantage of it.

after a moment he hugs me back just as tightly with my arms around his neck and his around my waist. i rest my head against his chest like i used to do when i was little. even if we weren't that close, we were still close enough that he was my best friend and always used to be there for me.

mainly after my dad beat me everyday, he'd always comfort me. but then it got worse and i stopped telling him the worst of it, i grew more detached even when he comforted me. i didn't tell him how bad it was because i didn't want to worry him, he was concerned enough on his own just by me getting closed off.

"i missed you, win." he whispered in my ear and despite myself i smiled.

"of course you did, Etro! who wouldn't?" i smile mockingly as i pull away from him.