chapter 22

Clint's p.o.v

Tony finished reading the end of the letter after i read the part that was meant only for me. it still left me dazed.

hell. after reading that, i finally admit i fell for a damned assassin. I'm in love with winter. and she wants me to kill her.

"what did she mean about keep your promise, Barton?" Steve questioned suspiciously.

"your guess is as good as mine." i lye in no more then a mumble.

i am pretty sure if i even mention what she wrote, Winter would beat the crap out of me. whether she remembered writing it or not. but i could tell neither of them believed me. doesn't really matter since none of them are able to get information out of me.

if i do keep my promise then they'll know. but i don't think i can go through with it, i never actually promised. but she said I'd know when i had to do it. so i have to assume nothing good will come from anything the future has to offer.

what i heard about Tony's new arc reactor, winter really knows her tech.

"so Barton, when do ya want to go get your girlfriend?" Tony asked with raised eyebrows.

the question was so random that i nearly choked. i cleared my throat and glared at stark who was giving me an innocent look.

"she's not my girlfriend. and it's not my call." i forced myself to say even though i wanted to say now.

"lets look at the files before we decide anything. what's on these can change the course of a plan. so we'll base our plan off them. and that depends if her information is good." said Steve.

in times like these, you can really tell he was a soldier in the war.

we all nod in agreement. i leave the lab and to go check on Wanda and Pietro. the scarlet witch took a nasty blow to her head, it's hard to believe Tony did that. winter really is a siren. honestly all that power seems a little much. she'd be totally fine without any power at all, her talents as an assassin would be enough to keep her alive without the power she wields.

something to think about isn't it. that power will get her killed one of these days.

and it might be sooner than anyone thinks.

Winter p.o.v

i walk into the hydra base, not regretting a thing I'd done. it's all part of the game. i have no clue why or when i wrote that letter but it certainly makes my game more entertaining. so i don't regret leaving the file no matter the consequences. i just can't give hydra the information they want. i don't trust them, i know they're lying to me.

but if i don't play along, it'll ruin my game if i die so soon. i know i owe a debt but how i go about that is completely up to me. hydra is a bunch of dishonorable liars, so there is no need to be loyal.

my honor won't be hurt if i betray liars and backstabbers.

my face is stone when i see my father walking towards me. i can't wait to see his face when he learns that i failed my mission on purpose. of course that won't be any time soon. 

"considering you took so long, i assume you ran into trouble." he said with a scowl.

"no trouble at all." i say with a smirk. because it's true.

i could beat the avengers in my sleep.

"the the mission was successful and you got the files." he asked with raised eyebrows.