chapter 19 _4 weeks later

Winter's p.o.v

4 weeks ago, i woke up clutching the sheets of a metal lab table. i was restrained and i automatically assumed the people in the lab were my enemies as i prepared to kill them all. but once doctor zero explained that they saved me from the avengers and gave me medical attention, i held back.

apparently i was shot by an arrow from a man known as hawk eye that would have killed me if not for them and my powers. i remember everything about myself except my encounters with the avengers.

i know i am a very skilled assassin and love games. i know my name is winter ivy. they say the archer was captured when they saved me but recently escaped. i am to expect them to come for me.

doctor zero is my age and is new to hydra. but he is talented when it comes to anything medical. so they assigned him to me. and i have full control of my powers. they say they helped me with that but as a result, my eyes will forever glow a bright golden color. which is totally cool with me.

so now I'm basically a puppet for hydra. and that doesn't sit well with me. i will not be ordered around by anyone. I'll play nice for now until the avenger threat is over but then I'll leave. they have some nerve treating me like a dog.

so i automatically assume the avengers when the alarm of the hydra base goes off completely without warning. but when i go to investigate, it turns out to be just some teenage hydra agent punks playing a sick joke. they weren't laughing when they got a taste of my blades.

i left them with a few scars as punishment. in hydra, there is no such thing as mercy so punishments for anything is harsh. i should know. my father is my commanding officer. you can imagine how fun that is.

but i rarely fail so I'm not punished often. but i am punished often for mouthing off and disobeying all the time. they're trying to turn me into the perfect little hydra soldier. one who obeys everything without question. but it's human nature to have questions, I'm just the only one brave enough to ask them.

I'm naturally the one who dishes out punishments to lower ranks and new recruits. I don't have any regret about what i am doing but i don't trust the people I'm doing it for. something doesn't feel right about this whole thing.

so you can imagine how suspicious i was when my father gave me  a very interesting mission. he ordered me to break into stark industries and steal classified files. i was ordered to kill anyone in my way.

naturally i had to accept and i was personally interested in finding out whatever i can for my own needs. even if i was ordered to be in and out without detection or straying. so basically get the files then get my ass out of there or i was in for a world of pain.

so that's how i find myself in the hallway of one of the world's most secured tech facilities. and it's owned my none other than Iron man/Tony stark. one of the smartest men in the world. but I'm smarter.

so they tell me anyway. but I'm no fool. they want me to believe that so I'll be arrogant and cocky. but I'm no idiot. i know I'm not smarter, I'm lucky if i even match his level of smarts. street smarts, of course I'm smarter but when it comes to book smarts.

the man can't even protect himself without a suit of metal. how pathetic. i bet if i ever came across him, even if he was wearing the tin can that I'd kill him no problem. but i doubt I'll ever get to fight him one on one. if he shows up, the avengers can't be far behind.

of course I wouldn't complain if i had to fight them all. it would be a fun challenge and a certainty that I'd win. I always win. i don't remember a time where i ever lost.

i smile at the look of wide eyed fear that's displayed from the security guard as my knife blade plunges into his heart. making for the perfect clean, silent kill i love to do so much. as his eyes cloud up, i clean the blood off my blade quickly.

i don't bother to hide the body because i like people to know i was here. it's not like they can determine it was me anyway. I'm to clever and my kills are to clean. plus there is never a pattern to my kills. each murder is different and i only kill the targets.

and if it happens to be everyone who sees me then so be it. there is no one on earth who could stop me. no one can control me.

so from now on, I'll do things my way. torture or not.