Chapter 20

ZEKE POV

"Hello Eric." I said, stepping out of the shadows in the train car. He jumped in surprise and horror filled his face he saw everybody else step out of the shadows in the train. "What was that yo were telling to Jeanine over there? Something about capturing the outsiders? Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not going to happen. You see that girl over there?" I gestured over to Katniss who is armed with a bow aimed at Eric's head. "She is the best archer that you will ever come across, but do you know what is so special about her?" I tried my best to sound like Four, who can easily intimidate anybody at any time. "She never misses." I whisper into his ear and I knew he was scared by now. "But guess what else? She is aiming at your head, so if I were you I'd cooperate with us." He gave a slight nod and froze in his spot. Uriah stepped up and started speaking to Eric about something just as Four came in from one of the other cars.

"I guess you were right, he would come in this one." He whispered so Eric or the others couldn't hear.

"Ya, but something's been bugging me. He is a Dauntless leader but he surrendered from an arrow pointing to his head, something is wrong here." I said in the same whisper.

"He's hiding something, even if I had an army around him he wouldn't give up. We need to-" Four didn't get a chance to finish his sentence before the train's wheeled screeched to an abrupt stop.

Everyone stumbled into the wall just as several figures climbed into the train car. They surrounded us and pointed their guns to Katniss who was aiming an arrow to one of the figures' body. Slowly, she lowered her weapon accepting defeat. Another mysterious shape entered the car and called off the arms. Heels clicked the metal ground as she walked, whoever this woman was. She she stepped out of the darkness to reveal her Erudite lab coat.

"Hello children." Jeanine said, "I'm Jeanine, head of the Erudite compound. I've come here to" she paused as if to say she was obviously lying, "Escort the people from outside the gates back for questioning. Now, the three of you, come with me."

"Like hell the will Jeanine." Four spat at her face. She wiped her face and stepped back from him.

"You have your orders." She said calmly to the other bodies and walked off with Eric. The figures stepped out of the darkness to reveal more Dauntless guards than I had anticipated.

They immediately attacked us, attempting to reach Katniss who wasn't moving at all.

"Don't kill them Katniss! Just injuries!" I shout as she snapped out of her distraction and raised her bow, arming herself with an arrow.

She let the arrow fly and it impaled one of her attackers' shin. He fell to the ground and wailed in pain. I was punched in the gut by another guard and clamped onto my stomach. My vision became blurry as I felt a sharp pain in my neck. Four was fighting, but he was overpowered by his opponents and Katniss was too close to use her long ranged weapon. Four collapsed to the ground as the Dauntless soldiers grabbed Katniss and led her unconscious body off of the car. My eyes felt heavy and they slowly shut just before Jeanine waved her hand to us and more Dauntless entered the train again.