Chapter 9

TRIS POV

Katniss ran out of the room wiping her tears and I felt bad about what I had done. What made me say that? I know the feeling of losing your family and friends. I lost my mother and father right in front of me when they saved my life. I killed Will to save my own life, and I had the nerve to say that to HER! I have to apologize.

"TRIS!" Four screamed in my face. "What the hell?! Do you not know anything?" He was pissed off at me, and I really did deserve it.

"I know but-"

"Save it. I'm beginning to think you weren't Abnegation at all." He cuts me off in mid sentence and shot that painful comment in my face before he and Gale followed Peeta out of the room to Katniss.

My arms started shaking and I felt my face drop into a painful look. I sprinted out of the room not bothering to stop for Uriah and Christina who were chasing after me. My apartment door flew open as I ran into the room and threw myself onto my couch. What was I thinking? Katniss obviously tried, she killed both people who killed Prim and Rue. The worst I did to punish the people who killed my mom and dad was be Divergent, and I really didn't even have much of a choice on that. I should apologize to her, but later. Four is with her right now. Wait.

Four is with her right now! Now i realize why i hate her, she likes Four. He likes her! I don't need to apologize, she just needs leave, and she mine as well take Four with her. Better yet, take all of my friends with her. That's what she is doing anyways, plucking my friends away from me one at a time to leave me alone. I know people like her, Jeanine for example. I know who she really is, and I plan on getting rid of her before she can do worse damage than Jeanine ever could.

Four walked into the room with a pissed look on his face. "What the hell Tris! Why do you take pleasure in making Katniss's life even more miserable than it already is?! She has been through enough in her life, and all you do is make it worse. She deserves mush more than the shit you hand to her." His words spat in my face like daggers.

"Please, that girl is just playing everyone. Everyone except for me- I can see what that she-devil is really planning. Get away from her Four. Tobias, please, I don't want her to take you away from me." I plead to him. I know that he can't possibly say no after I used his first name.

"No Tris, it wasn't her that took me away. It was you." He looked me straight into my eyes and turned leaving me took pick up my shattered heart on my own.

"Tris.... Tris... Wake up Tris." I suddenly feel a tickling sensation on my side and wake up to find Uriah standing over me. "Good, you're awake. I was beginning to worry there for a second, you were crying in your sleep and I didn't know how else to wake you." He flashed me a comforting grin and Christina came into the room with wet towels.

"Here, put this over your head, you're heating up." She said, handing me the towels. "What were you dreaming about anyways? We tried to stop you from leaving but then Zeke told us to give you some space. We found you in here but you were thrashing in your sleep and started crying." She handed me some water and I gulped down every last drop of it.

"I don't know when I fell asleep exactly, but the farthest I remember of my dream was Four coming into the room." I quickly explained the entire dream and looked down ashamed. "I know I shouldn't think like that, but Katniss doesn't seem trustworthy."

A throat cleared as Four stepped into the room and threw his arms around me. I was startled but hugged him back and saw Katniss standing in the doorway.

"Tris, I didn't mean it. Everything I said, and you know I would never leave you. Ever." he pulled me in for another hug and I scanned Katniss's face for any sign of jealousy. She was either not jealous at all or knew how to hide her emotions very well. Four pulled away and planted a quick peck on my lips before moving my hair out of my face and placing his arm around me.

"Tris, believe me when I say this, I don't have any feelings for Four in that way at all. I swear. I really only like Peeta, I promise." Katniss steps into the room for me to get a clear viewing of her face. She seems completely honest.

"I do trust you, well I want to trust you, but you're still new to me and I can't decide if you are my friend or enemy."

"I understand completely. Just so you know, if there was a way of you to be sure I'm not lying, I would do anything to prove it. I really do want to start off on a better foot."

Christina muttered something under her breath. "There is." She rose her head and spoke louder for everyone to hear, "There is. The truth serum."