Chapter 18

KATNISS POV

I cried in Peeta's arms, he was warm and helped me forget. Four said he would talk to me later to give me some time to cope with the situation. I snuggled against Peeta's warm body and he kissed the top of my was gently.

"Peeta, did you see them? My fears?" He nodded slightly and pulled me in closer. "How many were there? I thought that I was supposed to have more, maybe it went wrong." My voice was hoarse from all the sobbing and ached in my throat.

"I don't know, but I do know you were wrong. Prim loved you, Rue loved you, Cinna especially loved you. They don't feel that way, okay?" I nod and close my eyes, focusing on the sound of his beating heart.

"Katniss... Katniss." I heard somebody whisper into my ear, "Wake up lovely." It was Peeta.

"What?" I asked.

"We are going to meet up with Tris and Four now. Get ready." I stand up to stretch before realizing what we were going to talk about.

"Peeta, can you help me with this?" I ask nervously.

"Of course, now let's go." He lifts me into his shoulders bridal style and ran over to Tris's room.

"Wait, if we weren't in Tris's room already, where were we?"

"Christina's. She said that she was just going to sleep in Tris's room." He replied. "Can you open the door?"

The door opened easily and we stepped in to find everybody already there waiting for us.

"Took you long enough." Gale joked.

"Katniss, is it okay if we talk about your landscape now?" I give an unsure nod and he begins. "So, first off I want to know how many simulations you thought you went through."

"I counted 2, but I may have been in more and didn't notice the change."

"Nope, you only had 2 fears. 2, that's half of mine and the new Dauntless record. It's incredible."

"Oh no, no more tests! I'm through with those. Last time you complimented me, I went through that torture."

"Calm down, you're not going through any more tests. I just wanted help figuring out what your simulations meant. Like, when you were getting hit by waves, Tris wasn't afraid of the ocean, she's afraid about losing control."

"Oh, well mine are simple. The first says that I am afraid of anybody who I've let be killed hate me for not protecting them." I told him flatly and with a glare. "They are both obvious, the second one is my fear of Snow manipulating me and my family." I felt my chest throb in pain, but I ignored it.

"Okay, I thought that there might have been a deeper meaning behind it, but it was how it seemed." He says apologetically. "As far as my test result can show, you are the most powerful Divergent ever, and the only known female to arrive outside of the city. You-" he was interrupted by a loud thud come from the hallway. Uriah and Zeke sprinted out of the door to chase who was out there in case they might have heard something. Everyone sat in silence waiting for the boys to return.

They came running into the room out of breath and gasped for air. "Four," Zeke wheezed, "I think it's bad."

"Who was there?" He asked cautiously, worrying about the response.

"Eric."