Prologue

"Be still, Aurora. It won't hurt as bad," said Doctor Nguyen.

I moved around even more, not even thinking about using my vectors. He finally put restraints on my arms and legs to stop me from moving. I cringe as he put my legs in stirrups. He grabs a scalpel, lazily cleaning the area.

"God dammit, Aurora. You're lucky you're being experimented on! Be happy that you are a vital part of an experiment that will change humankind!" I flailed around some more. He sighed and grabbed a syringe with his free hand. "You leave me no choice, Aurora." he jammed the syringe into my arm and I started to feel drowsy as he began to cut me open, dissecting me like a frog. 'Here we go,' I thought, passing out.

I woke up and my throat was dry and I felt sore, especially in my abdominal region. I coughed and saw my blood all over the cot and the floor by the lower half of my body. I could barely speak and looked around. I used my vectors to undo the restraints and tried to get out of the glass cell. No such luck.

Suddenly, the glass cell door opened and a small, petite woman walked in, beginning to mop the blood up. I frowned and used my vectors to slice her in half. Her blood poured everywhere and I walked out of the cell. I continued to walk through the building, killing any guards that approached me with loaded guns pointed at my face. I finally got to the elevator and went in it after killing the other guy in it. I sighed, feeling much better, even after getting my ovaries removed. The elevator finally reached the first floor and I stepped out of the elevator and began walking towards the exit.

"Number 18 has just escaped her cell and needs to be restrained. Now activating lockdown systems," I heard on the intercom.

I rolled my eyes as pathetic metal doors started to close over the entrance. I used one of my vectors to rip the metal door off and walked through the exit. No one could stop me now. I encountered some more guards. I killed them too and looked around.

'Today,' I think to myself, 'I am free.'