Chapter 16: Light's Bullet

Standing before L half-naked, I blush completely red, and L does the same.

Finally, after several seconds of awkward silence, L clears his throat and averts his eyes. "Ahem...Haru informed me that you needed my assistance?"

I wrap my arms around myself. "Uh...I don't remember telling him that I needed your help..."

L facepalmed and shook his head. "That joker..." he mumbles, turning and walking out of the room. "I apologize for barging into your room..."

I smile sheepishly. "It's okay, L. I-I should've locked the door," I stutter, still blushing.

L slowly walks away, closing the door behind him. I watch him leave, letting out a sigh. 'Haru did that on purpose, didn't he?' I ask myself, 'somehow he knew I was changing and wanted to see our reaction, didn't he?' I shake off my suspicious thoughts and get dressed, plopping down on my bed and staring at the ceiling. I was going to approach him about it later.

Turning on the PS2 Matt let me borrow, I play Sims 2 and do random Sim things.

*~{Light's POV}~*

'That girl. Aurora. She needs to die. She's going to ruin everything. She'll bring catastrophe to my world of justice after I become God of the New World,' I found myself thinking. I sigh and pretend to listen to Misa ramble on and on about her new movie.

A few minutes later, Misa frowns and stares at me. "Light! Are you even listening to me?!"

"Of course, Misa. What makes you think I am not?" I replied, caressing her cheek in a seductive manner.

"It just doesn't seem like you were paying attention."

"Misa, I always listen to you. You're my girlfriend," I say pecking her lips.

Misa blushed and giggled. "Oh Light! Of course you were listening! You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for!"

I smirked and stood up. "I'm going to my room. Don't follow me, okay?"

Misa sighs. "Okay, Light. Come see me later, okay?"

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, sure." I walk up to my room and grab a shotgun, making my way to Aurora's room. I lightly knock on the door.

"Come in...?"

I brace myself and cock the gun, readying it for the kill. I open the door, aiming at Aurora's head and pull the trigger.