Chapter 2: Again

Light was shocked. Since when did his Death Note not work? He sighed. Maybe his cause of death wasn't realistic enough. He felt Misa grab his hand and he held back urges to yank his hand away from her.
   "So, Aurora will be staying with us and she needs a room. Where's L?" she asks.
   "L is out with Near, Mello, and Matt. I don't have a clue when he'll be back," Light replied in monotone.
   Misa turned to Aurora. "Well you can stay with me until he gets back! C'mon! Let's go! You can come too, Light!"
   "No, I'd rather not, Misa. Thanks anyways..." As soon as the girls were gone, Light grabbed his Death Note and wrote Aurora's name again, but this time he wrote no cause of death. He smirked and waited for screams. There were none. Not even after the fourty seconds. He growled. What was going on? Did the Death Note expire or something? He didn't even know that could happen but...
   His train of thought was interrupted by Ryuk's maniacal laughter.
   Light turned to look at Ryuk and found him sitting on the kitchen counter, holding a perfect red apple in his hand. "What is so funny, Ryuk?" he asked.
   Ryuk just laughed harder. "Want a hint, Kira?" he asked, sarcastically emphasizing Kira.
   Light frowned. "Yeah, sure. Whatever."
   Ryuk laughed harder and finally stopped. "The Death Note only works on humans," he says, emphasizing humans. Then Ryuk started laughing again.
   Light thought about this. 'So that means Aurora's not human...?'
   Ryuk chuckled and threw the apple up in the air, catching it with his mouth and chewing it, finally swallowing after a few seconds. "So what's the high and mighty Light Yagami gonna do about this?"
   Light frowned, clenching his fists. "I'm gonna kill her."

   "So what'd you think of my boyfriend?" Misa asked.
   "I thought he was...bored," I say.
   Misa giggled. "Well he ALWAYS acts like that. It's normal for my Light. Isn't he hott?" she asked, blushing and giggling again.
   I thought about this. I found the Light guy to be very attractive and maybe that's what hott meant in the city. "Yeah, he's pretty hott. Especially after seeing only doctors in the hospital.."  'And middle-aged police guards,' I added mentally.
   Misa giggled and patted my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Aurora-chan. At least you're out now. And you're with me! I'll help you find a man! Four more guys should be coming home tonight. Though I'd never date them, you might be interested!"
   I smiled, "Thanks for the effort, Misa-chan but if you wouldn't date them, I can't say that I would either."
   "Well okay, but you might change your mind," she says. She grabbed my hand and dragged me to a long, floor-length mirror. "I wanna dress you up, Aurora-chan!"
   I shrugged. I couldn't care less what she did as long as she wasn't trying to do other things...Which seemed highly unlikely.   
   Misa undressed me and went to her closet.
   I stood awkwardly in front of the mirror, butt naked, and I found the time to study myself. I definitely had breasts, and my skin was pale. You could see some of the scars that were left from the doctors and their needles, scalpels, and syringes. I shuddered at the thought.
   Misa came back with several Lolita-style dresses and frowned. "Aurora-chan, your boobs are bigger than mine! It's not fair!" she said, pouting a little and crossing her arms.
   "I'm sorry..?" I say.
   She shrugs and smiles. "Oh well. Who cares? Do you need a shower, Aurora-chan?"
   I shrug. "Yeah, sure."
   Misa brought me into her private bathroom and showed me how to turn on the water and how to adjust the temperature. "Here is a set of bra and panties. I haven't worn them before so don't freak. The bra might not fit cuz you're boobs are huge but you can try. And here's everything else you need," she said, explaining how to use them to me.
   I took everything from her and set it on the counter. "Thanks, Misa," I say.
   "No problem! You seemed like you needed it." Misa walked out of the bathroom and shut the door.
   I stepped into the shower and turned on the water. I turned it to the right to make it hot, like Misa told me. It felt nice on my skin and I heard myself let out a sigh of content. I scrubbed my body with what Misa called 'sea breeze exfoliant wash.' it smelled delightful and it made my skin soft after I washed with it. Then I rubbed something called shampoo through my hair and enjoyed the scent of that also. Finally was some more hair stuff called conditioner that I rubbed into my hair, and I sat down in the shower stall and shaved my legs with a razor that Misa had given me. I accidentally cut myself and cursed, surprisingly finishing with only a couple of nicks on my legs. Standing up, I rinsed off one more time and stepped out of the shower. I grabbed a towel and dried my body, putting on the underwear set and leaving the bathroom. "I'm done, Misa!"
   Misa turns around and smiles, "It fits you so well! It's not fair! But...oh well." She shrugs and grabs the first dress, handing it to me. "Try this one on!"
   I tried it on and Misa squealed in delight. "It's looks so cute!"
   This continued on for several hours until, finally, I stopped her. "No more dresses, please!" I sighed.
   Misa frowned. "Fine! But put this last one on."
   I shook my head, "No way!"
   "But you can't just walk around with a bra and panties on!"
   I think about it and sigh. "I guess you're right."
   She handed me a short purple dress lined with ruffles all over the bottom of the skirt and a corset top. I shrugged and took it from her, putting it on and looking in the mirror. I looked pretty good.
   Misa smiled. "I've made a masterpiece!" She hugged me.
   Suddenly, we heard some banging around downstairs. We both pulled away and ran down the stairs.
   "What's going on?" we both said simultaneously.
   "They're back!" says Light, sighing and getting back to his computer.
   "Who?" I ask.
   "Them," Misa says, pointing towards a bunch of guys coming into the front door.
    One with black hair and circles under his eyes looked at me and pointed a long, pale finger. "You're a criminal." At that comment, Misa and the other guys' heads snapped to me and I froze. This was gonna be a long night...