Just give me a Reason

Woot woot! The long awaited kissing booth is finally here! Too bad with Kyle's personality and Emily's rep, things aren't about to go as smoothly as planned~

While there was still a slight chill in the breeze, the sun shone brightly on Tuscany Academy's campus. The marble pillars glistened under the light and the gardeners had started planting daffodils and tulips around the campus. It was finally March and the weather was putting the students in a better mood. Well students excluding Emily. Brent watched as Emily scolded yet another girl for shortening her skirt and shook his head at her lack of appreciation for the female physique.

"Babe, why so serious? Kick back and relax." He soothingly said as he watched the girls' skirts swoosh barely below their butts. Emily whacked him with her clipboard as he wolfishly looked at a revealing blouse and bellowed, "Button up y-she got cut off as Brent smothered her lips with his hand. "Shush. Emily take a deep breast, breath," he quickly fixed himself, "and enjoy the Spring ass, I mean air."

Emily bit his arm and he winced as he quickly moved it away from her mouth. She glared at him before reprimanding him for his lack of dignity.

"Just look at yourself! Salivating like you're staring at a T-bone steak! For your information, women are not pieces of meat you can just ogle and grab," she scolded. "If I catch you peeking at some girl's butt again, I will send you to detention."

"For what?" He asked innocently.

"For sexual harassment!" She steamed. "Anyways, tomorrow is the kissing booth and I want it to be in tip top shape. You're going to be working with Kyle, so please. Please get along." She emphasized please.

He grinned cheerily. "Babe, no need to ask. Don't we, always? We're practically best mates."

She shook her head at his obvious mischievousness and continued down the hall scouring all sights of broken rules.

Brent watched her in disbelief. "Is she always like this?"

"Basically." A sweet, girly voice said and he turned around to see Candace. "She's got good intentions though."

She gave him a small smile and waved at him, her Cartier bracelets glinting in the sunlight. He grinned back. "Hey brown eyes."

"Hi Brent," she said. Ever since they hung out at the Empire State Building and around Herald Square, she seemed to have gotten more comfortable speaking to him. Before, she would blush just at the look of him. He liked that she looked directly at him now. He had a better look of those pretty brown eyes. He took a look at the instrument case in her hand.

"You're going to orchestra practice?" He asked.

"Yup," she said. We are performing tomorrow at the school festival so we have an extra practice today."

"Wow, that's sick," said Brent. "I can't wait to hear you play."

Candace smiled widely, "thanks. So you're doing the kissing booth tomorrow right?"

He grinned. "Yep. Just doing my scholarly duty by kissing the students of our grand ole school."

Candace laughed, the sound as clear as a bell. Brent grinned widely. "You're going to be there right?" He asked.

She smiled, "yeah, I'll make sure to check it out!"

He gave a fake pout. "Only to check it out? You don't want my kiss?" He puckered his lips playfully and she blushed.

"I don't know, maybe," she murmured demurely.

He winked. "I'll be waiting for you."

She grew even redder and he gave her a cheeky grin. "So, what about you? What's your class doing?"