in love with the memories

3rd march

daniel's POV

i quickly got ready for my coffee with eliza, maybe if we hang out we would remember our magic that we had in high school. i didn't want to wake emerald up so i went into jonah's shower instead. i got my keys and drove out into the city. i picked up eliza and all we did was talk about the past.

we stopped near a cafe and sat down at a 2 seated table.

"it's great seeing you again" i say awkwardly tapping my mug.

"yeah, do you remember when you accidentally sneezed and then milk went through your nose?" she said laughing.

"yeah, that was really funny" i say as i look around, not exactly paying attention.

"daniel..i think i'm really falling for you..again" she say while leaning in. i lean in also and we kiss. i realised this whole time, i've been thinking about emerald. if she was okay, what she was doing at this moment. i just didn't feel any spark between me and eliza. i frown and look at my mug.

"why are you so upset?" eliza asks rubbing my hand slightly on the table.

"eliza, i think.. we should stop seeing each other"

"what do you mean? we just kissed"

"because you don't know the real me, i've changed eliza"

"but i thought we were falling in love again"

"i think we just fell in love with the memories.."

as i said that it really was true, all we were talking about was the past. what about the future?

"i guess you're right daniel.. well it was good seeing you"

soon she quickly called a taxi and went home. what a blast. this definitely took a different turn as i thought.
but why couldn't i just kiss emerald like i did with eliza? i face palmed myself. i drive back home. right now it was about 11:00 in the morning so i knew everyone was awake by now.

***
emerald's POV

i woke up to see no daniel next to me on the couch, he was gone. i got up and got ready, i'm pretty sure he was out with eliza. his ex. ugh.

i go to the kitchen and make something for myself, which is cereal. the boys wake up and ask where's daniel.

"i don't know" i say taking a big spoonful of coco pops. always count on the boys to have good food. when i was finished eating i went downstairs to hang out in the living room. daniel came in and hugged me.

"morning" he says while hugging me.

"morning"

"so, what did you do?" i asked him

"i just went to get coffee"
with eliza. don't act like i don't know.

"with eliza?" i ask trying to not sound jealous

"yeah, i hope you're okay"

"of course i'm okay!" i say chuckling awkwardly.
DO YOU REALLY THINK IM OKAY?!

the boys come into the living room and sit down with us, with their phones of course ; they basically live on their phones. daniel takes out his phone and deletes eliza as a contact.