our not so quite adventure

9th march

emerald's pov

we walked over to the ice cream store called "sir gelato" we lined up and ordered our favourite types of ice creams.

"can i please have a vanilla bean, and a mint chocolate chip"

we both got our ice creams and sat down.

"so, why all of a sudden of needing to ask me on a date?" i ask while licking my ice cream.

"well, do you want the truth?"

"of course i want the truth"

"okay well, when you were over at the house, i went out with eliza, and you know i didn't feel any chemistry with her"

"and? if you know that you liked me why'd you go out with her?"

"well, does it matter? i'm with you now, and we're on a date. i don't want to talk about my ex"

"fine"

when we both finish our ice creams, we go into a taxi and we arrive near a hill. i didn't want to say anything so i just went with the flow, daniel has this under control.

we both get out of the taxi and daniel leads me out, i hold his hand and we both just walked in silence. i guess we both just liked that we were together and his presence was enough for me. daniel gets out a mat and lays it down, we sit down and start talking. we talk about random things, and i realise that daniel is so easy to get along with.

we sit on top of the hill and watch the beautiful sunset. wow daniel really did plan this all out.

"thank you"

"thank you for what emerald?"

"thanks for being there when i need you, and being a good friend"

"you're welcome em"

we lean in closer and closer, what can interrupt us this time?
we finally press lips on one another, this feeling. is what i want to feel every single day. this feeling gives me the butterflies, sparks comes flying inside my body, and my heart beats faster and faster.
we pull away and smile. it was magical.

we eat some food like sandwiches and the usual picnic food.
after we were done, daniel called an uber and we got inside.
we arrive at the boys house and we decide to hang out for the day. christina was there too, so i told her i will talk about our date at night.

"let's play truth or dare" jack says rubbing his hands together. we all agreed and sat in a circle on the floor.

"jonah truth.. or dare?" jack asks.

"truth"

"thoughts on emerald?"

"uh.. she's kind, beautiful, sweet and i know i can talk to her anything" jonah gives a warm smile towards me and i smile back.

"truth or dare zach?" jonah asks.

"dare!!"

"i dare you to kiss emerald"

are you kidding me

"fine" zach comes over and leans in, he kisses me for about 5 seconds.

"he said kiss not make out" daniel said aggressively.

"chill daniel" zach says looking annoyed. i didn't know what to do. i shouldn't have let zach kiss me. well... me and daniel aren't exactly dating so he doesn't have a right to tell me if i could kiss or not. i was just all over the place, my emotions became messy and i was stuck.

daniel gets up and leaves, he slams his bedroom door. we all look at each other, feeling guilty. except zach. i was probably the most guilty. jack gets up and goes to daniel.

daniel's pov

i slam my door shut, i didn't want to talk to anyone at this moment. why would zach do this to me? he almost saw me and emerald kiss last time and i'm pretty sure he knew we had a thing going on. why would emerald kiss him back? i mean.. she didn't exactly have a choice, but it really did look like she enjoyed it. i can't believe they would stab me in the back like that.

jack comes into the room and softly closes the door behind him.

"hey" he says, great. now he's going to have a deep talk with me.

"hi" i say back, i look down at my hands, they were tense and i could all of see my veins.

"i know what you're going to say, that i'm a douche for running out like that" i say still looking down.

"why would you think that? zach did the wrong thing out there"

"i know, why would he do this to me?" i say as i cover my face with my hands, i was frustrated.

"do you ever think that it's emerald's fault too?"

"today we were on a date too! i can't believe it" i say about to throw a pillow across the room.

jack talks to me and calms me down, when he left i just sat on my bed thinking. what if emerald wanted to be with zach, she could've said no to the kiss, but no. she went along and kissed him.

"daniel, were going to the park if you want to come" corbyn said yelling. i didn't want to go. of course, i felt like shit.

as soon as i heard the door close i got out of my bedroom and went to the living room. maybe watching a movie or going on my phone will take my mind off things. i sit down and put on a movie, i didn't pay attention to what movie it was, i just wanted it to sit in the background while i was on my phone.

i heard sobbing in another room so i got up and tried to figure out who it was and where it was. it lead me to the back yard, i saw a brunette girl, hugging her legs, her forehead resting on her knees. her hair covered her face and her tears falling onto her lap.

i quickly run up to her and sit next to her. i knew it was emerald.

"what's wrong" i ask worriedly, it was my fault. she just shook her head and continued sobbing.

"i'm sorry daniel" she said her voice was cracking, which i found cute.

"it's okay emerald" i put my hand on her knee to comfort her.

"it's not okay daniel" she gets up and runs inside, i get up and run after her. she was wiping her tears away. she ran to the street, usually there are no cars because we have a private neighbourhood.

she ran across the street, her hair was covering her face. and then this happened.

emerald's pov

as i ran towards the street i saw a bright light, there was a honking sound and i was paralysed. i didn't know what was happening until i felt something hard hitting me, i screamed in pain and fell to the ground, straight away i became unconscious.

***

"EMERALD" 

i could just hear my name over and over again. it was the sound of daniel. he was screaming and yelling. i felt the bed moving. i opened my eyes and i see lights, doctors and nurses. my eyes felt heavy, immediately i dozed off to sleep.

-
holy shit bricks man.. dun dun dunnn okay bye.
ig ; jackseav