Chapter 18

Previously

      She was his. And that's how it was going to be..

----------------------------------------------

      The sun shone brightly through the window as Marti opened her eyes and looked around the room she was in. Her eyes landed on Juan, who was still peacefully asleep holding her close to him. She smiled and lightly kissed his cheek, the events from last night replaying in her head. She missed him so much.. And he felt the same.. He stirred a bit and opened his eyes, looking at her as he smiled and kissed her cheek.
     "Hey.."
     "Hey. Sleep well?"
     "Si. You?"
     "Actually yes. I feel more peaceful when I'm with you.."
     "Same with me with you.."
     "My mother and brother are gonna kill me though..."
     "Then they'll have to deal with it. I'm not leaving and that's final."
     "Stubborn." She giggled.
     "But you love me~" He smirked.
     "True." She giggled and kissed his cheek. "We should get ready for school though."
     "There's some clothes you can borrow. My mother always wanted a girl before she passed away. Some of hers might fit you." He said softly as he got up and got dressed in some black jeans with a belt and a red shirt and black vest. Marti nodded and went into the bathroom to change into a green shirt and blue jeans. Once they were finished they went outside and went to school, going to their lockers. Juan smiled and kissed her cheek before going to his class. She smiled and went to hers.

      When Marti walked into the classroom, she heard two of the girls talking.
     "Hey did you hear about that new girl and Juan?" A girl with blonde hair asked a girl with dark brown hair.
     "No! You mean they're together? I didn't know that! What's the new girl's name again?"
     "Martina." The blonde giggled. "Juan will get what he wants and then move on. That's what he does."
     "Eh. She probably deserves it." The dark brown haired girl shrugged. "She's too cheerful. Probably too perfect of a life."
     'I wish..' Marti thought as she shook her head. People were talking about her.. Just like in her old school. She sat down in her seat as she pretended that it didn't bother when really she was upset. So what if she was cheerful and energetic? It didn't mean her life was perfect.. Far from it. She sighed softly before paying attention to the lesson. Hopefully she can last..

      After the bell rang for then end of the day, Marti went outside to wait for Juan. She had overheard a few more people talking about her and Juan and it was started to bother her.. She trusted him. She knew he wouldn't do that. He's proven that. Yet, she couldn't hide the hurt she felt with the rumors and stories going around..
     She sighed softly and looked at the time. 3:45. Where was Juan? Did he get detention again or was he flirting and lost track of time? She decided to walk around when she heard something at the back of the school. Peeking around the corner, she froze at what she saw. There was Juan and he was kissing the blonde girl from earlier. Before they noticed her, she turned around and ran off to her house.

      Juan noticed Marti as he pushed the blonde girl off.
     "What the hell Rey?!"
     "Oh you know you liked it~" Rey smirked.
     "Someone saw! And it was Marti nonetheless!"
     "Oh her? She's nothing. Why are you even with her? I'm so much better and more of your type."
     "Sorry. Not interested. Now get the hell out of my life or else. As for why I'm with Marti, that is none of your business." He growled before pushing her aside and leaving to go after Marti. "Marti!!" He called then sighed. He would have to explain things to her.. He had to make things right. But how..?