Chapter 13

Previously

      Maybe she can open up and love again..

----------------------------------------------

Two weeks later.

      Marti woke up and sat up, looking out her window. The events from that night two weeks ago played through her head. Since then, her and Juan have been a secret couple. Not even her mom and brother knew as she was afraid that they might not agree. She got up, going downstairs and into the kitchen. Her mom had left into town for the day and Tim was outside doing yard work. She sat down in a chair, grabbing some fruit as she started thinking. Juan had been loyal so far, but she still had her doubts. What if he said that she was no longer good enough? What if he did leave her like her ex, Eric did..? She teared up a bit as she thought about it. Eric used her and cheated on her when she was 16.. What's to say that Juan wouldn't do the same..?
      She heard a knock on the door before it opened to reveal Juan and she quickly wiped her eyes.
     "Hey Juan!"
     "Ciao Marti!" He smiled and kissed her cheek lightly. "How are you?"
     "I'm okay. What about you?"
     "Good." He smiled then noticed something. "Hey.. Have you been crying..?" He asked softly as he placed a hand on her cheek. She looked at him, holding his hand.
     "We can't keep this a secret Juan.. But I'm still having doubts about this, myself.. W-what if one day you decide that I'm not good enough for you..? I can't help but think about th-" She was cut off by him placing his lips on hers, his arms wrapping around her as he picked her up and set her down on his lap. She responded as she wrapped her arms around his neck, her fingers running though his hair. After a bit they pulled away and she looked into his olive eyes, his right hand gently stroking her cheek.
     "I would never.. I promise. To be honest.. You're the third girl I've been with like this.." Her eyes widened in surprise.
     "R-really..? B-but aren't you...?"
     "No." He shook his head. "I've only been intimate with one of the girls once. I'm not like that. Sure, I flirt with every girl I see, but I've never done anything more than that, kiss, or tease them. I've never really felt this way toward another girl. No matter the rumors say. I love you Martina."
     "Juan... I-I didn't know... I'm sorry.. I love you too.. Honest. But... I'm scared.."
     "Marti... I've been meaning to ask.. What happened? Why are you so afraid to love? To put yourself out there?"
     "My ex boyfriend, Eric.. H-he used me and then..." She teared up and he gently rubbed her back. "He cheated on me with another girl.. He said I wasn't good enough.."
     "Well, he doesn't know what he lost." He said, kissing her head softly. "Both him and your father. All I have is my dad. My mother died when I was 3.."
     "Juan.. I-I'm sorry..." She looked at him shocked and he smiled sadly.
     "It's okay.. You're lucky you still have yours and I'm lucky to have my dad."
     "But still..."
     "Marti.. Don't. It's okay. I'm happy. Honest." Juan smiled softly to assure her that what happened with his mother didn't affect him. Marti smiled back and nodded before feeling a bit sick. She quickly got off his lap and ran to the bathroom before throwing up.

      Juan looked at her worriedly. This had been going on for a couple of weeks now and he was worried. Was she sick and she didn't tell him so that he didn't worry? He got up and went to her.
     "Marti..? Are you okay?"
     "Y-yeah.. Just feeling unwell.."
     "This has been going on for a while now. We should get you to the doctor."
     "No! I-I'm fine.. Really."
     "Marti please.. I'm concerned. It could be something serious.." He looked at her with a worried look in hi olive eyes. Marti had a feeling as to what it was, but she was scared. But she would go and do this for him. Giving in, she nodded.
     "Okay.."