Chapter 19

Previously

     "Marti!!" He called and sighed. He had to talk to her. He had to make things right again. But how..?

----------------------------------------------

      Marti was curled up in her room crying. Why? He promised.. She should've known better than to trust him.. A knock on her door was heard before her mother entered the room.
     "Marti dear?" Mary called softly. When she saw her, she closed the door and sat down next to her. Marti looked at her before hugging her, crying even more. "Hey.. What's wrong?"
     "J-Juan... I-I found him with another girl in the back of the school... H-he promised... I feel so stupid, Mama..." She cried as Mary gently pet her hair to calm her down a bit. When Marti finally calmed down enough, she spoke.
     "Marti... I've seen how Juan is with you. I trust that he wouldn't do that. Did you see him kiss her or her kiss him?" She asked.
     "I-I don't know... I ran off..." She replied.
     "Give him a chance to explain. Marti.. Do you want to know why I said what I said that night when you and Juan revealed that you're pregnant?" She looked up at her as Mary smiled sadly. "I was scared.. I didn't want you two to go through the same trials as I did when I had Tim. We were always constantly fighting and then I would beg for him not to go and leave me. I didn't want you to go through that.. But I've seen the determination Juan has. If you both are okay with this and he promised to take care of you, then why should Tim and I doubt him?"
     "Mama..."
     "I love you Martina. Don't ever forget that. I only wanted to protect you."
     "I love you too Mama.. I won't ever forget. I understand.."
     "Good." She smiled and kissed her head. "You look tired sweetie. Get some rest." Marti nodded and curled up to her mother before falling asleep.

      Juan sighed as he was walking around. Marti probably went home and told her mom and brother. He was screwed.. Now he probably wouldn't see her again... He sighed as he sat down on the bench. It wasn't his fault.. She kissed him! He looked over as he felt movement and saw his dad.
     "Papa?"
     "Knew I'd find you out here. What happened?"
     "Rey kissed me and tried to force herself on me.. I pushed her off when I saw Marti run off.. I'm such an idiot!"
     "Now calm down." Gambino said as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "It wasn't your fault. You rejected Rey's advances, but Marti didn't notice. Talk to her. Sort things out." Juan sighed softly as he nodded.
     "Okay.." Gambino nodded and hugged him.
     "Ti amo Juaquine. Don't ever forget that."
     "Ti amo troppo Papa.. I won't. Grazie." He smiled and hugged him back. When they pulled away, Juan got up and went to Marti's house. He knocked on the door and waited patiently. Hopefully she'll listen to what he has to say..
       When the door opened, Juan looked to see Tim. Oh great... He really didn't want to deal with him right now.. Just as he was about to say something, Tim spoke.
     "Come on in Juan. Mama wants to see you." He said softly. Juan was surprised but nodded and came in. He sat down.
     "Hello Miss Barry."
     "Hello Juan." Mary smiled softly. "I would like to speak with you about some things. Considering Marti."
     "Okay." He said softly. 'Please let this be good..' He thought.