Chapter 14

Previously

      Marti looked at Juan. She did have a feeling as to what was wrong, but she was scared. But she would do this for him. Giving in, she nodded.
     "Okay.."

----------------------------------------------

      Juan and Marti were in the waiting room at the clinic as he held her hand. She was nervous and scared about this. What if she really was? What would Juan say? Would he want to stay with her? What about her family? Would they be okay with her having a baby or would they make her put it up for adoption, since they didn't believe in abortion?

      Juan looked at Marti as she looked down, deep in thought. He had a feeling as to what was wrong, but he wanted to be certain. If she really was pregnant, he would be really happy. Sure, she was 17 and he was 18, but he didn't care. He loved her and he was going to support them as a family.
      After about 20 minutes she was called in. The doctor came in and asked them some questions in which they answered honestly. He nodded and wrote some things down before handing Marti a cup.
     "I need you to fill this up, next time you go to the bathroom, and give it back so I can test it." He said. She nodded and took it before going to the bathroom. Juan and the doctor talked for a bit before Marti came back out and handed him the cup. "Thank you. I'll be back and let you know." They nodded as he left and Marti rested her head on his shoulder. He smiled and wrapped his arm around her.
     "I'm nervous honestly.. What if I am..? I-" Juan gently kissed her before pulling away.
     "Marti.. If you are, I'll be here for you. I'll support you and our child."
     "Juan..." He smiled and softly stroked her cheek.
    "I promise." She smiled and nodded before the doctor came back inside.
     "Alright. You two ready?" He asked and they nodded. He smiled and nodded. "Congratulations you two! You're going to be parents!"
     "A-are you serious..?" Marti asked as Juan smiled brightly. The doctor smiled and nodded. She smiled, tearing up a bit. When they went outside, Juan picked her up and spun her around.
      "A baby! Marti, this is great news!" She smiled and nodded, tearing up a bit. He smiled and kissed her head softly, holding her close to him. "I promise." She smiled more and nodded.
      They were actually going to be parents..