GOING HOME TOGETHER

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

Gaara sat in the Kazekage office, doing nothing but staring at the sky, wondering if his friends were okay. Would they be back together? If they were, would they start travelling again, or would they. . . brush him off because of his status?

"Yo yo yo, it's your brother Jo!"

The redhead jumped up from his seat so fast it swiveled back to the front, tripping him over. There was the oh-so-familiar sound of laughter before a hand up was offered to him, which Gaara gladly accepted.

"So, ready to go home with us, Gaara?" Naruto grinned as the redhead's eyes widened.

"You. . . won't leave me again?"

Naruto rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "That was only because you were Kazekage, and both you and I know that your village would be in pandemonium because there was no Kage to keep the order and help them recover from the war."

"Oh. . ."

"Come on Gaara, the family ain't complete without you!" Fuu called from her place in the doorway.

"We were headed to Konoha but we took a detour to Suna so we could pick you up before we dropped off Sasuke," Naruto jabbed a thumb in the Uchiha's direction who, in return, stuck out his tongue childishly.

"Our "dramatic entry" won't exactly work without you there," Yagura informed him.

Gaara let a smile ghost across his lips. "Dramatic entry? Please tell me it's going to be more exciting than the one you used on me."

"Woohoo!"

"Yeah man!"

"Family complete!"

These types of victorious yells rang through the office and the village as the Jinchuuriki Alliance slapped hands, hugged and whooped just for the fun of it. Their little family was complete, but they had one more mission before they could resume their somewhat "normal lives".

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

{Konoha}

"So Itachi, how's the search for Sasuke going?" Mikoto asked softly was mother and son walked through the village.

Itachi frowned. "Still no leads."

Mikoto sighed quietly. First Naruto, then Sasuke. Who next, Itachi?

"No leads on what?" A familiar voice made them spin around.

"Sasuke?!" They both cried before the younger Uchiha found himself in a bone-crushing hug. A few snickers made their way to his ears, and Sasuke glared at the place where he knew his brother was hiding in the bushes.

"Where have you been?!" Mikoto asked worriedly, hands on his shoulders. "We had everyone looking for you, and we were almost practically certain you were dead!"

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "I was just helping Naruto and his friends defeat the Rabbit Goddess, nothing too extreme."

Itachi's eye twitched. "Nothing. . . too extreme, huh?"

'Anytime now, before he blows a fuse,' Sasuke mentally pleaded. It was not a very pretty scene when the normally stoic Uchiha prodigy blew a fuse.