THEY'RE BACK. . . OR ARE THEY?

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

"N-Naruto?!"

Gaara felt a whirlpool of emotions. He was so happy to see his friends again, but at the same time, he felt guilt and sadness at his inability, which led to Naruto and Bee's untimely deaths.

He heard Tsunade gasp from behind him.

He unconsciously clutched at the necklace Naruto had given him when he was still alive. It was very precious to him. Gaara still remembered the day that everyone received a necklace of their own. . .

It was a week after Fuu had been rescued from the Akatsuki. Naruto had retreated into his room and hadn't come out at all. 

"Okay everyone, gather 'round!" Naruto shouted from his room, finally coming out. He looked horrible. His face was deathly pale, and he had bags under his eyes. He was smiling a tired but satisfied smile.

"Are you okay, Naruto?" Yugito asked worriedly.

Naruto waved off her concern with a smile. "I'm fine. I developed this jewel. Promise me you'll never take it off."

He passed around the necklaces, which had a single multi-coloured jewel, starting from orangey-pink, to light purplish-blue, and then finally, a semi-clear blue. It was wrapped by a netting, which connected to a black string that was the necklace.

 It was wrapped by a netting, which connected to a black string that was the necklace

"What is it? What does it do?" Yagura inspected it, an excited gleam in his eyes.

"It's kind of like a tracking and transporting device. Just hold it tightly, think of a person or place, and add chakra to it. Then you will be transported to the person or the place. To transport others, you have to hold onto them before transporting. Sound okay?"

"Nice. Thanks, kid!" Bee exclaimed.

"It's so no one gets lost again," Naruto smiled tiredly. "But one more thing. You can only transport to places when they have this jewel on, so transportation is limited only to us and your rooms, where I will hang an extra necklace. So promise me, never take those necklaces off."

"We promise!" They all chorused.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》      

Gaara held the jewel so tightly it hurt, but he ignored the pain. Naruto worked so hard on the necklaces, and now they were useless. Their base was in ruins after the Akatsuki attacked, and he was the only one left of the Jinchuuriki Alliance. There was no where and no one he could transport to.