Chapter 15

Previously

They were going to be parents..

----------------------------------------------

Two weeks went by and Marti and Juan had decided to keep the baby. He even decided to get a part time job to help support them. She smiled as she was drawing in her room. Tonight she and Juan would tell her mother and brother and hope for the best.
That night at dinner, Juan came over and the four of them chatted until Marti spoke up.
     "Mama? Tim? Juan and I have something important to tell you guys."
     "What's that sweetie?" Mary looked at them. Marti looked at Juan who gently took her hand and squeezed it lightly. He then looked back at them.
     "Marti and I are having a baby. I've taken full responsibility." Tim was shocked as he stayed quiet before looking at his mother who sighed softly.
     "Juan. Marti. You two are still young. It's a lot of responsibility to become parents."
     "I know. And I'm ready. Honest." Juan said softly.
     "I appreciate you being honest with me about this, but I'm afraid I can't allow Marti to be on her own."
     "But-" Marti said
     "She's right." Tim said. "You're only 17, sis."
     "But you had Tim when you were 17!" Marti said.
     "And I don't regret having him, but I do regret going with the man I did it with."
     "Miss Barry please. I promise to take care of her. I can even stay here or she can stay with me and Papa." Juan tried to persuade her. He understood where she was coming from, but he wasn't going to give this up. Mary shook her head.
     "I'm sorry Juan. Perhaps it is best for you two to not see each other outside of school grounds and around the area." Marti's eyes widened at that before she stood up and went upstairs to her room, slamming the door and locking it.
     "It's best you go." Tim told Juan softly before he also went upstairs. Juan sighed and left.
      When he got inside his house, he sat down on the couch and hid his face in his hands. Gambino came into the room and sat next to him.
     "Son? What's the matter?"
     "I'm such a screw up.. I got my girlfriend pregnant and her mother and brother didn't accept it.. I love her Papa.. I would do anything for her.."
     "Juan.." He softly ran his fingers through his hair. "I accept you two. Marti is a fine girl with a broken past. Same as you. This would be an amazing experience for you two. I'm sure her mother is just shocked and just needs some time. But don't ever give her up. Prove to Marti and her family that you're there, no matter what. And if others judge you two, don't let it bother you. If you two love each other, then nothing else should matter." He smiled. Juan smiled and nodded.
     "Thank you Papa. I will. I'm not giving this up."
     "That's my son." He smiled.