Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Adelia’s P.O.V.

I wake up the next morning incredibly warm. I throw the blankets off of me and huddle up into a ball. The light is streaming in through the window and I groan. I sit up and shut the blinds before returning to my bed. I crawl under the covers again and take a deep breath, trying to fall back asleep. I roll over and crash into Luke, who’s snoring lightly. Aw, he’s so cute when he’s sleeping. I close my eyes and try to fall back asleep.

Luke wraps his arms around me and buries his face into the crook of my neck.

“So you were awake and made me close the blinds instead of doing it yourself?” I ask Luke with a smile.

“Sorry.” He tells me, a lazy smirk plastered on his face.

“Shove off.” I tell him with a laugh.

“Good morning to you too.” He says, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

“Morning breath.” I tell him with a smile.

“Speak for yourself.” He counters.

I roll my eyes. “So, won’t your mom freak out that you spent the night tonight?”

“Nah, she won’t care.”

“You know, Luke. I’ve never met your mum.”

“You saw her when you came to visit me when I was sick.”

“True. But she just told me where your room was.” I tell him with a smile.

“You can meet her after our third date. Deal?”

“Who says you’re going to have three?” I ask.

“You know you want to meet my mum.” He says with a grin.

“You’re bribing me!” I tell him with a laugh. “Okay, okay. There’s going to be three guaranteed dates.”

“Hell yes.” He tells me. “Now, what’s for breakfast?”

~~~

“You’re so stupid.” I tell Luke with a laugh.

“You’re the stupid one.”
“I’m not balancing cheetos on my nose in the middle of lunch.” I tell him with a laugh.

“Well, I-” The cheetos fall off and he curses under his breath.

“Fun while it lasted.” I tell him with a grin.

“Can I have your attention?” I hear Michael’s voice boom over the intercom. Luke and I exchange a confused look before turning to the source of the sound. Michael is standing in the middle of the cafeteria, on top of one of the tables. “I would like to ask the beautiful Marigold Summers to step up here with me.” The cafeteria is filled with whispers. I keep my eyes glued to Michael the whole time. He helps Marigold up and she waves at her friends who aren’t even two feet away from her. I roll my eyes and Luke laughs. “Marigold, I was wondering, if you’d do me the honor of being my date to prom?” He asks.

She squeals excitedly and nods her head so viciously,  I’m surprised it hasn’t fallen off. The cafeteria erupts in cheers and I think I’m about to throw up. Luke looks over at me with a frown. I take a deep breath and smile at him.

“You wanna ditch?” He asks.

“You know me too well.” I tell him.

He grabs my hand and leads me out of the cafeteria. We climb into his car and he starts driving. “My house or yours?”