Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Adelia’s P.O.V.

It’s been almost a whole week. Michael and I have been ignoring each other for almost a week. He still comes over almost every day, which is incredibly annoying, but he always ends up hanging out with Ashton and Calum.

After I kissed Luke, I apologized for being irrational and stupid and he said it was okay. He even told me he probably would’ve done the same thing. We’ve been hanging out a lot more and it hasn’t been awkward like I thought it would be. It’s the complete opposite actually.

“So, let me guess, you’re not going to the carnival tomorrow?” Luke asks me. We’re sitting on my bed, watching tv.

“Of course I’m going.” I tell him.

“Oh.” He answers, like he’s surprised. “Why?”

“I have to go now. I absolutely have to.”

“Revenge on Michael?”

“Of course!” I tell him. “I’ve got almost everything ready. Except for a date.” I tell him with an awkward laugh. Then the lightbulb goes off in my head. “Luke, you should come with me.”

“Michael’s already pissed at me for kissing you!”

“No, not like a couple. Just together.” I clarify. “Like friends.”

He sighs. “Alright, Lia. Fine. But if Michael cuts my balls off-”

“You’ll be fine.” I tell him.

“Fine.” He says, rolling his eyes. “Just for you.”

~~~

“Lia! So nice to see you!” Marigold says the second I show up with Luke. She rakes her eyes up and down his body and I feel wildly uncomfortable. Michael is standing next to her, arm wrapped around her shoulder, completely oblivious as to what she’s doing. I glare at him and he does the same back.

“So nice to see you too!” I tell Marigold with a fake smile. “I hope you don’t mind that I brought Luke. My brother and his friend are here too, somewhere.”

Her head shoots up. “Your brother?”

I nod. “Yup, my brother. Ashton Irwin.”

“I’ve seen him around school.” She says with a smile. “He seems nice.”
“He is.” I tell her. “So, what ride are we going on first?”

She shrugs and flips her blonde hair over her shoulder. “Whatever Mikey-Poo wants to do.”

Luke starts laughing and I refrain from vomiting. “What do you want to do, Mikey-Poo?” Luke asks between laughs.

“I don’t care.” He says.

“Alright, well, what do you think, Lia?” Marigold asks.

“I think we should go on the bumper cars.”

“Sounds fun.” Luke says. “Adeli-Poo.”

“Of course it is, Lukey-Poo.” I tell him with a smirk.

He wraps his arms around my shoulder and we start walking over to the ride. I can vaguely hear Marigold and Michael talking behind us.

I sigh and rest my head on Luke’s shoulder. “I already wanna go home and we barely got here.”
He frowns. “Cheer up. It’s a carnival! We can have fun here too! It doesn’t just have to be about Michael.”