Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Adelia’s P.O.V.

“How was your first day back to school?” My mom asks the second I step through the front door.

I roll my eyes and march up the stairs. I put on some pajamas and pull my hair up. I put on one of my bathrobes and crawl into bed.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” My mom asks through the closed door.

“Mum, I think it’s best if you leave her alone. She’s had a rough day.” Ashton says quietly.

“What happened?” My mom asks Ashton.

“Marigold is a bitch.” He says quietly.

I groan and throw my pillow over my head. I had the worst day imaginable. The second I stepped through the door, everyone was on top of me. Asking why’d I’d slept with Michael and forced him to break up with Marigold. Two things which had never happened. Apparently, I was the bad guy and the whole entire school hated me. I’d gotten more than a few snide remarks from a more than a few bitches. And Luke had heard the rumor before I’d even gotten to school. Despite what Michael and I said, Luke didn’t believe us. He said we had too much history for nothing to happen.

So that went well.

The door to my room opens and Ashton walks in. He sits down next to me silently and stares at his hands. “You okay?” He asks, quietly.

“I just wish wearing bathrobes outside of the house was publicly acceptable.”

Ashton laughs quietly. “Listen, I know things aren’t going very well for you but-”

“I’m okay.” I tell him. “Really Ashton. I just need to sleep for a little bit. I think I deserve a nap.”

“Alright. You need anything else?”

“I should be okay for now.” I tell him with a small smile.

He nods. “I’ll leave you alone.” He says, standing up and leaving my room.

I close my eyes and fall asleep.

~~~

“Hey, wake up.”

I ignore him.

“Please, wake up.”

I bury my face into my pillow.

“Wake up.”

I groan and sit up, rubbing my eyes.

“I’m sorry about Marigold. I know I shouldn’t have to apologize for her since we’re not dating anymore but I still want to. What she did was wrong, and I won’t stop trying to convince Luke that she was lying. I’m really sorry about this. I’m gonna make sure Luke understands what happened. I know how happy he makes you. I’ll try my hardest to fix this. I’m sorry.” Michael finishes quietly. He stands up and walks out of my room without another word.

I hear him and Ashton talking in the hallway and I take a deep breath. I look over at my phone and see that I have twelve missed calls. All from Luke. I set my phone back down, tighten my bathrobe, and walk out of my room.

“Hey, how you feeling?” Ashton asks me.

“I’m okay.” I tell him.

“Wanna watch a movie?” He asks.