Chapter 21: Prom (Part 1)

Chapter 21

Adelia’s P.O.V.

“I’m sorry.” Ashton says for the millionth time.

“I get it. And I’ve already forgiven you. So you can stop saying it.” I tell him, rolling my eyes. He’s already given me a half hour long confessional, telling me all the things he’s done wrong and how he’ll never trust Marigold again and all that shit.

“Are you sure? I’m just so- I’m so sorry.” He tells me.

“Ashton, I get it.” I tell him. “Just shut up and make me food.”

“Do you want me to order anything or…?”

“You figure it out. I have to piss.” I tell him. I stand up and walk past him, straight to the bathroom. After I piss to my heart’s content, I flush the toilet, wash my hands, and head down the stairs. “What’d you decide?” I ask him.

“Shh!” He tells me under his breath. He’s holding his phone up to his ear and his eyes widen. “He told you what?!” Ashton screams.

I flinch and sit down at the table, tracing Luke’s handwriting on my cast, absentmindedly. I take a deep breath and look at Ashton, who looks frustrated as fuck. He’s pacing back and forth, yelling into the phone. He hangs up and looks at me. “I’ve got to go. I just texted Calum, he’s on his way to keep you company. I’ll be back later.”

“Um-”

“I know he’s sick, but I’m not leaving you alone.” Ashton says. “Fuck, he needs to hurry.”
“What’s the big problem?” I ask.

“Luke and Michael.” He says.

“Is Luke okay? Fuck, Ashton. I’m coming. Is he okay?”

“Lia, stay here. He’s fine. I just, it’s a guy thing.”

“Why are you so worried?”

“I fucking knew it.” He answers, ignoring my question.

“You fucking knew what?”

The front door open, and a very sick looking Calums steps inside.

“Thanks, mate. See you later!” Ashton calls as he runs out the front door.

“What was that all about?” Calum asks with a sniffle.

I shrug. “Beats me.” I take a deep breath. “Listen Calum, I know you’re sick, but do you want to go shopping with me?”

“Why would I want to do that?” He asks, dryly.

“I’m sorry. I just… It was gonna be a surprise for Luke.” I tell him quietly.

“Fine.” He groans. “Just stop it with the fucking puppy dog eyes. Let’s go.” He sniffles and stands up, grabbing his keys.

~~~

After a few hours of shopping for a prom dress, and finding the most perfect one possible, Calum drives me back. He crashes on the couch in a shopping-induced sleep coma, and I walk up the stairs. I hang my prom dress up in my closet and get another look at it. It’s a long, form-fitting, red dress that touches the floor. It’s strapless, and tighter under my bust, then it flares out. It’s a little elegant for prom, but that’s what I’m going for since every other girl is gonna go as a slut.