Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Adelia’s P.O.V.

“So, what kind of music you like?” Michael asks, eyeing my record player.

“I like indie and shit.” I tell him with a laugh. “What about you?”

“Blink 182 and stuff that’s not shit.” He tells me with a smirk.

“You’re so punk.” I tell him with an eyeroll.

“You don’t seem very indie.” He tells me.

“Why? Cause I don’t run around with flowers in my hair?”

“Exactly.”

I sit down on my bed and take out my homework. I start on my math first. I stare at the first problem. Yup, I have no idea what I’m doing.

Michael puts a record in my record player and music starts drifting quietly through the room. “Need any help?” He asks, taking a seat next to me.

“What are you? A math genius?” I ask him.

“Not even close. But I’m pretty decent at it. You look clueless.”

“If you’re here to insult me, you can leave.” I tell him, turning to face my homework again.

“Distribute the 7.” He whispers in my ear.

“I knew that.” I say. I distribute the seven. “And I totally know what to do next.”

“Use the Pythagorean Theorem. Add the square roots together.” He looks at my assignment. “What math are you in? I did this my sophomore year.”
“I’m not smart, okay?” I tell him. “You’re a jerk.” I set my assignment on my bed and walk towards my door.

“Aw, c’mon Lia! I didn’t mean it like that!” He says from behind me.

“Nope. Go away!” I open the door and run out of my room and down the hall. Michael laughs and chases after me. He catches me by the end of the stairs and wraps his arms around my waist. Damn his long legs. He picks me up and spins me around.

“Put me down!” I squeal, beating my fists against his back.

“You’re weak!” He tells me.

“You’re obnoxious!”

He sets me down and I topple over, dizzy. I reach for the stair railing and miss by at least a foot. I fall over and land on my back.

“Need some help?” He asks, smiling.

“You’re a douche.” I tell him, trying to stand up. Everything’s spinning.

He grabs my hand and leads me back to my room. I sit on the bed and put my hands on my head. “I’m dizzy.” I whine.

“Not my fault.”
“It’s actually completely your fault.” It’s hard to believe that I’ve already known Michael for a good month. Time flies when your best friend is an idiot.

“I’ll make it up to you. You want Panda Express?”

“You know the way to my heart.” I tell him.

He grabs his keys off of my dresser and looks over his shoulder. “You coming?”

“Why can’t they just deliver? I’m so lazy.” I groan.

“I never thought I’d meet someone lazier than me.”

“All you do is play video games.” I tell him.