Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Adelia’s P.O.V.

My phone rings at exactly 4:21 AM. I roll over with a groan. I feel around my nightstand blindly. It’s too dark to see. My phone keeps ringing and I groan again as I smack my phone off of my nightstand. I feel around for it on the floor and finally grab it. Unfortunately, the call has ended by then. I look at my screen and blink rapidly. The phone’s so bright. I turn the brightness down and see that there’s a missed call from a Mr. Lucas Robert Hemmings. I roll my eyes and put my phone by my pillow. It starts ringing again and I almost throw it at a wall. I pick it up.

“Hello?” I mumble, tiredly. I look over at the clock. Why this early?

“Lia? I’m so glad you answered. We need to talk.”

“Right now, Luke? It’s four in the morning.”

“It can’t wait.” He says.

“I don’t know. I’m probably gonna hang up. I’m still pretty fucking pissed about earlier.” I rub my eyes and sit up with a yawn.

“Did I wake you up?” He asks

“No. I just love being awake at 4 in the fucking morning.”

“I’m outside. Come open the door.” He says.

“No, Luke. I don’t wanna get out of bed.”

“Well, this wouldn’t be a problem if you left your house unlocked at night just like you do during the day.”

“There’s always someone home during the day and we don’t want to get killed at night.” I say, blankly.

“Please, just open the door.”

“Fine. I’ll be down in a few minutes.”

“Okay. See you in a few.”

I roll my eyes and hang up. I stretch and make my way downstairs. I don’t even bother trying to fix my hair. It’s always terrible in the morning. Especially at 4 in the fucking morning.

I unlock the front door and open it with a yawn. My eyes almost fall out of my head. Luke’s on my porch, wearing a fucking tuxedo, his hands behind his back. Air raid sirens couldn’t have prepared me enough. Fuck, he looks so good. But why is he-?

“What the fu-”

“I know, it’s not like anything Michael did for Marigold. I mean, I’m not proclaiming my undying love for you in a school cafeteria, but I really wanna go to prom with you. So I’m sorry if this wasn’t everything you dreamed my asking to be,” He says with a smirk on his face. “But I was wondering if you wanted to go to prom with me?” He pauses. “Oh, fuck. Flowers. Right. Here.” He takes his hands from behind his back and holds them out to me.

“Luke, I-”

“I’m sorry for earlier. You have every single right to be mad at me. And I should let you be mad at me, but like you said earlier, you need time to buy that dress you’re going to look amazing in. So please, just don’t say no. You don’t have to say yes either, I mean, you can take your time and think about it but-”

“Luke, I’d love to go to prom with you.” I tell him with a smile.

“Really?” He asks.

“Really. Especially if you wear that tux.” I say, biting my lip.

“I really wanna kiss you right now, but I know you’re gonna say no because you have 4 in the morning breath.” He says with a laugh. I roll my eyes. “So can I have permission to kiss you once you brush your teeth?” He asks.