Chapter 16

Kareem

Five Month Later...

"How does this look?" I turned to look at myself in the standing mirror provided by the store I was in.

"Classicz happens to have some beautiful clothes," My aunt searched throughout a rack before giving me her attention.

"Ah you look beautiful baby girl," She smiled, "who is this guy you getting all fancy for?"

"This guy name Wayne Dior,"

"Dior? You don't think He's related to that guy your mom was seeing."

"No he's totally different, His name is John Dior Williams,"

Turns out my mom had left John due to his numerous trips out the country when He's was going to Las Vegas to bid on strippers. Mom kicked him to the curb. When his phone rang and he allowed her to answer and it was a transaction call from one of the dealers.

"He's really nice Aunty, he makes me feel special" I smiled.

"So what happen to your high school sweetheart?"

"Cameron, he lied to me," I sighed.

"So you left him Cause he lied, did you ever think about giving him a chance to explain...look I'm not choosing sides I just don't want to see real love go to waste,"

"It was not easy, But I had to," I looked down; I've been trying to get over him, I had to change my address, my number, and get a job on the other side of town.

There's not a day I don't think of him, But I had to leave. I couldn't take the pain of going through all that.

I was still having suicidal thoughts after we broke up. I couldn't sleep. I constantly get a dream of me actually killing a baby; night after night I see myself stabbing the baby while the baby is crying her eyes out.

Wayne picked me up and brought me back to my feet. First it was friendly lunch date then it led to romantic dinner at expensive hotels. But, I knew Cameron would do better.

"You miss him don't you?"

"So much." I frowned.

"Hey I'm not telling you what to do but you should not go against what the heart wants" she gave me a sincere yet serious look, "you knew what he was about from day one, you know people out to get him and are planning to mess up what's his, but you should know him by now to know what he would and would not do... Kareem I saw how that boy looked at you and I ain't blind he's got mad love for you, it's been what a month and he hasn't cancel your credit cards, he left you with your car, everything he bought you, you got it still... I'm not saying he won't lie to you but you need to look into things at different perspective, you can't keep running from your problems your're no longer a baby Kareem, I can't sit and watch you keep acting like your child when your're not, you're my baby girl and I gotta' give shit to you straight you need to work shit out with him."

"Yes Aunty," I played with the hem of my work skirt.

I found a job at a little boutique in the mall as a sales person. I couldn't depend on Cam's money I thought he would have cancel the credit cards but he didn't.

"Let's go," she walked up to the cashier to pay for the dress.