Leave

Christians POV

I called a meeting with Martin the next day.

"Sir Martin is here to see you" Shirley called
"Show him in"

I was reading over some documents when in walked Martin

"Please sit"
"Look Christian if this is about Ella and her performance at work then maybe we should have Human Resources join us I don't feel comfortable sitting alone with you. When I have to inform you of your wifes lack of work"
I have to control my anger now before I do something stupid. I needed to calm my raging anger.
I undone my buttons on my suit jacket and sat down in the chair next to his
"So tell me Martin whats been going on with Ellas performance"
"Well... shes been slipping in her work and I've had a word with her and I really think she needs to buck up her ideas" Martin said
"Oh really, in what way is it slipping"
"When I give her a document to edit and she sends it to me I have 10 more errors on top of the first errors I sent her, I just don't think she can work here anymore"
"Ok.  Well I'll decide that, now guess what I came in earlier today and I went to her desk and I found all the work you had given her to correct and all the new errors you had put on there. Funny thing is I had a look and I also got Shirley to have a look at it and according to Shirley and another receptionist, Ellas work is exceptional the problem is you. I have to agree with them. So I did a little digging further into your work over the last few months and noticed that you had a presentation for one of our big clients Black & Smyth and according to proposal I saw on Ellas computer it should of been a win win situation for both parties. But do you know what took me by surprise? when I called our client this morning to ask them about the proposal you showed them they were on the fence with making the deal. So I asked them to send me the proposal they received and you know what surprised me. Was it was completely different to the one Ella sent you. So tell me Martin why after I sent them the one from Ellas computer they were ready to sign straightaway, but yet they were on the fence with yours?"
He was silent for a long time either he was going to lie to me or he was going to tell me the truth
"I don't know? He was silent for a moment I think ever since me and Jonathan divorced I haven't been the same, I can't concentrate all I think about is him and everything is so frustrating, and I just take it out on Ella I know she hasn't done anything wrong its just me" he looked defeated and depressed
"Martin I'm going to ask you to take some leave for as long as you like. But when you come back you will be working in a different department with less responsibility, Ella will run your department from now on. I don't think you are capable of running the department nor do I think you can retain our clients. So you will be stepping down from your position"
"You can't do that"
"I can and I will you should be Thankful you still have a job, if I were you I would keep my trap shut and say Thank you"
I could see he was upset and he stood over me, so I stood so not to be intimidated by him
"Martin I would chose your next words and actions carefully"
"Fine I'll leave and I'll step down but you know and I know I'm good at what I do. I'm a great leader and you need me" he said
"You use to be Martin and everyone is replaceable now leave my office before I throw you out"

He stood up straight and walked to the door before he could grab the handle of the door I said

"Oh and Martin you ever ever scream yell or throw a book at my wife again I'll make sure you ass is on the street and no one ever hires you again. I'm only keeping you on because for some reason even though you treated my wife like shit for weeks she still cares for you, as for me I wouldn't give a shit about you. Take this as your final warning you performance slips again your ass is on the street so you better buck up your ideas, your free to take your leave as of now"

He walked out and slammed my door.

Ellas POV

I watched as Martin walked into his office gathered some of his belongings and put them into a box. Omg no please tell me my idiot of a husband didn't fire him. I watched as Martin walked up to my desk but in the corner of my eye my two security guards were getting a messsge in their ear piece and placed their hand out to stop him from approaching, we all could tell he was angry and I knew he was angry at me.
"Hope you enjoy your new role, I guess thats the perks of sleeping with the boss you get to move up in the ranks"
Then he stormed off. What the hell just happened

I stood there in shock then I saw Christian getting out the lift and walking over to me. This was the first time I wanted to struggle him with my bear hands, he promised me.

"Ella may I have a word please"
"Sure I would love to have a word with your pompous ass"
"Ok please, after you" he smirked
I walked into Martin office. I turned to watch him close the door put down the vertical blinds and lock the door.
"What the hell Christian what the hell happened"
"Oh hes on leave for a while" he smiled at me, he was having fun. I was not having fun at all and I needed answers
"Tell me what happened Christian and I swear to God if you so much as laugh I'm going to kill you myself"
For the next half an hour he explained everything, how he came in earlier looked though my work then about how he looked at my computer with the proposal to our Black & Smyth client and how he didn't fire him but demoted him from his current position and how I was now the new manager for marketing and advertising.
"Um Christian I don't know if I can do this I mean managing a whole department thats a lot of work."
He walked up to me and ran his hand along my cheek and kissed my forehead "Baby you have been doing it for months and you didn't even realise because Martin was criticizing all your hard work even though in reality he should of been praising your work, you can do this I know you can. And if you get stuck you can always ask me. I'm sure I can work for bribes" he smiled
I grabbed him by the face and I kissed him, I love this man so much I should never have doubted going to him with my problems because he is always here for me. His hands started to move to my hips and I felt him feel my skin under my shirt. I pulled away with a grin
"Mr Williams I don't think right now is appropriate"
"Trust me Mrs Williams my thoughts are not appropriate when I think of you, he kissed me again then stopped even though I could get lost in your presence Mrs Williams I do have a lot of work to do, so enjoy your new office. And I will see you at 6 I'll come down and pick you up okay"
"Okay and Thank you"
"Your welcome I will be waiting for my Thank you tonight too" he winked as he walked out. I just laughed at my ridiculously handsome husband.

I turned to look at my new office and my new job title.

I just hope I can do this.